Tried Acupuncture... he stole my meds (ANOTHER worry)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I do not have alot of energy and have not posted mych lately.. so this will be as brief as it can be...

A family member told my mom that I needed to see this acupuncturist... that he was good. I had to reschedule a couple of times... anyway.. he gets my medical papers in the mail which listed my meds and mg.s, etc..

He personally called me and said.. "why do you want to wait until next week to come in, you need to start treatment right away, come in on Friday and I will make you feel great by the weekend... Oh and bring your meds with you." I thought that was strange I had to BRING my meds, when he went over all of the dosing, etc.., but the thought of feeling good over the weekend, sounded great.

Lond story short, I show up at his office... he is the ONLY one there... no receptionist... NO ONE! He talks about the meds again... but does not ask for the bag of them while we were sitting down, and he saw them hanging out of my purse.

It was not until I was undressed in the back (by the way, I did not know you needed to be naked for acupuncture (except for underwear), then he says... "oh give me the bag of meds.. I had a question on something".. I thought, this is weird, why is he taking them out of my sight and why did he not ask fo rthem when we were sitting down face to face.

I lay on the table and he starts doing his thing and goes on and on about the strengths of the morhphine and the other breakthru med that I take. He also says he has some cancer patients on it and where do I keep it.... I tell him in my upper cabinet and he askd about if they were locked up, etc... The breakthru med is so expensive, I just broguht the box it comes in and not the meds (thank god)... he goes on and on about how my daugter could take them and sell them, etc... I an thinking, what the heck is he talking about.... This went on for the entire hour. He also said he could not help much with the "brain fog".

Long story short, he massaged me after the needles (may or may not be normal, this is my first time) and when I got home, I told my husband how weird it went and I checked my pills and there was about 10 missing!!! He must have thought that with the brain fog, I would not put my meds away and then I would just go for them the nect morning and say "Oh my god.. he was right... my daughter IS stealing them."

I am so mad!!! Do you believe this? I could not prove to anyone that he did this... there was noone around!! HOw do I get myslef into these situations... my brother says I could write a book. He was alos saying I should go back and leave the pills on top of my purse and use the bathroom and come back and count them.. but I never want to see him again.

I can get forgetful... but before I went in for that appt., I thought, boy he is going to ask why I am not taking them regularly..becaus there was so many left in the bottle (and these I try not to take everyday), but he certainly knew what they were!! He also had my break thru med highlighted on his paperwork... I asked him if he had a question about that one and he said "No, I know what that is" That was probably the one that he wanted more than the morphine.

Can you believe this!! I am blown away... Isn't it illegal for them to have noone else in the office when they are practicing too???

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2007]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've had 3 different practioners do Accupuncture on me. Not once was I asked to take off my clothes. If you wanted to catch him, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard, with police help, he sounds pretty brazen. On the other hand, you may just want to stay far away and good riddance. VERY ODD! Oh, and NOT ONE of them ever massaged anything, not a shoulder, not a wrist, NOTHING! VERY ODD !
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have never heard of anything like that before.

I would report him to the authorities if I were you. After all he was talking about having someone sell them. THE NERVE!

I had a former co-worker steal meds off of me...I thought she was my friend..and it hurt. You thought this man was a medical professional, and Im sure that makes you not want to trust even people that society has just made us believe would never do these kinds of things to us.

You should try to find out if he his even legit. Ive never had accupncture before but that doesnt sound right. Id be worried. Definatly report him.

Take care
    Steph
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

Report the jerk!
  5. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I agree! I have never had an acupuncturist ask my daughter to remove any piece of clothing. He just lifts up her shirt (in the back) or rolls up her pant leg. He pulls out the needles and we leave -- no massage. AND he has a receptionist -- his wife! This isn't right. How did you gte his name and were they treated the same?
  6. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

Kim,

I am absolutely stunned at what you went through. What Dr. would steal meds from a patient, knowing fully well that these meds are our lifelines to function???

You mentioned your brother said to leave the pills out where the doc can see them and then use the restroom and come back and count them. I know you do not want to ever see him again (don't blame you a bit), but it might not be a bad idea to do this and "catch" him in the act of stealing.

I would highly recommend filing a complaint with the Board of Medical Examiners on this wacko. I would be willing to bet that he has done this to other patients as well. He should have his medical license revoked.

I certainly wish you the best.

((((hugs)))

Kelly
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Yeah... thanks friends... okay so i am extra creeped out!!! He did not even let me leave my bra on!!! He also spoke of this country that you can go to, if you want to and they will give you one pill to detox... he said If I am ever ready to get off of them... he had info.

Why did he know about all these drugs and drug related things?? The sad part is that my distant cousin who is nice, but a real "earthy" girl, referred me to him cause she loves him... I do not know what to do about that... maybe not even say anything to her because she has seen him for years and loves him.

I never want to see him again, but part of me want to set him up too. How do I prove anything if noone else was there? That is the had part... Oh and he mentioned he had a "girlfriend too" and asked if my husband was understanding and asked what he does for a living and is he supportive??? I don't know what that was any of his business...

what a weirdo!!! I am sure he was upset I did not bring the med he highlighted... that is a hard one to get.. it is for cancer patients usually, good thing I kept those home...

Ughhhhh
  8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

hi cat... i did not know you can do an anonymous complaint... that is not a bad idea... he thinks i am coming back on Tuesday... should go back and say "what a weird coincidence (sp) my daughter actually stole my pills the day I saw you... boy you were right...

Okay now it just dawned on me...he asked what cabinet they were kept in and what type of case or lock was on the box they were kept in,,,,

Geez... wonder if he is gonna have someone come and get more??!!!
    Hugs
    Kim
  9. Daisys

Daisys Member

That's awful about him stealing your pills! I would definitely report him.

I want to comment on the removal of clothes and massage. My acupuncturist always has me take off shoes, socks and top. I just get needles in my back, wrists, and feet. If she has to put pins where my bra is, she unfastens it.

After the needles are in place, she often massages me. The places she massages are the same places my massage therapist works on to release trigger points. Mostly, that's my upper back and neck.

So, every situation is different, but I don't consider removing clothes and massage as NECESSARILY inappropriate. However, if you weren't comfortable, I recommend trusting your gut feelings--they are usually reliable.
  10. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

thanks daisys... okay.. so maybe that was supposed to happen, but i know when I had to lay on my side, he did not bother to cover me back up in the back and then i know my drape was falling off when he was doing something on my side, so he was able to see my chest.

Yeah... my gut was telling me this is NOT right. He should not even want to have naked patients in his office, when noone else is there, if nothing else to protect him from a malpractice suit.

live and learn i guess.
    hugs..
  11. netnut

netnut New Member

I used to be an investigator in a former life and this just burns me up.

You can do a few things about this. Contact the police dept and tell them what happened. You could also make the case a bit stronger by "tampering" with your meds before you go next time. If any of your meds look like any over the counter meds, substitute them. Also wash and dry the pill containers well. Make sure you dont touch them at all so that there are no fingerprints on them. This guy really should have no reason to touch your pill bottles. Especially the caps!

You can put a hidden camera in your purse to catch him in the act.

This guy sounds like a perv and an addict..not a real doctor to me. He needs to be stopped before he does something awful to someone.
  12. elliespad

elliespad Member

Yeah, it sounds like he is planning a breakin, maybe for Tuesday. Definately have someone watching, with camera in hand.
  13. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Hi Kim,

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience! I don't want to frighten you but I also think he may be planning a break-in at your home. I can think of no other reason for him asking where you keep your meds. I was in security/private investigator for most of my working years and this sounds dangerous. Please call and meet with the police and tell them the whole story like you did here. It is possible that they have had other complaints against him already. Also, if you do have a break-in, he will already be on file as the possible suspect. Someone needs to get this guy caught. I wonder what would happen if some young girl that didn't know better went to him, was told to undress, etc. They may think it is normal. Also, I wonder if he had hidden cameras filming you naked? There are some sick people out there.

Whatever you do about this be sure to have someone nearby to protect you from him like a husband, police, etc. Who knows what this whacko will do.

I will be praying that everything goes well.

God Bless,
    Bob
  14. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Me again... <smile>

If the police will get involved it is possible that a detective could go with you to your next appointment, count your meds with you, wait outside and then when you come out if any are missing you have him cold!

God Bless,
    Bob
  15. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

My guess is that he is addicted to these meds himself, and that's why he stole them from you. My acupuncturist is female, and had no receptionist, and I took all off except my panties. She gave me a massage as well.

Report him. I bet he's addicted. Marie
  16. Engel

Engel New Member

is he going to break into your home??????? That is scary.

"I lay on the table and he starts doing his thing and goes on and on about the strengths of the morhphine and the other breakthru med that I take. He also says he has some cancer patients on it and where do I keep it.... I tell him in my upper cabinet and he askd about if they were locked up, etc..."
  17. connieaag

connieaag New Member

Just reading the posts is creeping me out. When I was young and road my bike with a friend to summer school, we were followed by a strange car-- this was 30 years ago! Anyway, my parents reported it and they had an undercover lady ride with us and they followed and caught the man.

With all of the increased knowledge and devices these days, I'm sure they could have someone go with you and/or someone watch your home. But then again, is it better just to get away from him and not go back?

Do you have a chiropractor or massage therapist that you could ask about him? We have a "quack" chiro in town, and as soon as his name comes up with others in the field,they immediately say "oh ya, stay away from him".

18. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks ALL of YOU for your support, Yeah.. ellisepad... i just got chills. Whay did I not realize that?? At first he said we would meet in another week, then as I was leaving he said... lets go ahead and keep the appt. for Tuesday. Wonder if I were NOT to cancel... bit not show up and leave the house.. I wonder if someone would try to break in? He went on and on about (when I said I keep them safe) What kind of safe? IS it a safe or just in the cabinet? And what kind of lock do you have on it? IS it one of those heavy duty things and then, from whatevcer I said (can;t remember) he was like... oh, okay, just in of those things you can buy at office depot or whatever.....

Like I said he was trying to frame my daughter if they happened to be missing in the future. My skin is crawling now!

Atleast I have that documented now (on this site). He even knows my hubby works outside of the house by his pryig questions. OMG..... This is scarier than I thought!!

Hugs
    Kim
  19. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

and report this.... ask them to have someone go with you and someone to watch your house.
  20. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

I have never had accupuncture so I dont know the protocol, but I think maybe he had you take your cloths off and put you in the back so he could take what he wanted. You said that a family member sent you to him by way of your mother. Is it possible that this family member has something to do with it. If I were you I would report him to the medical board, chances are that this isnt the first time he has done this and unless someone stops him it wont be his last. He is an accupuncturist so
    is he actually supposed to be asking about your medication? Much less ask you to bring it to your appt. I would report him to the medical board and to the police tell them everything and I would even ask your regular dr. Accupuncture is supposed to be homeopathic so why would he ask you to bring these pills to the appt.
    If that ever happens again I would bring a list with the dosage that would be it.
    I saw a post saying something about robbing you, with all the intamite questions he asked it wouldnt surprise me. Maybe you should lock them up for that reason, not your daughter. I would be so pissed! Last but not least always remember god gave us that intuition for a reason and if you feel uncomfortable with anything at anytime you should listen to that nasty little pest on your shoulder he may turn out to be your best friend. Tam