****TRIED ARNICA GEL for topical pain relief - IT'S AMAZING*****

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Never would have thought it could work so well, and so fast. W/in a few minutes, sometimes less depending on type of pain.

I'm surprised I'm not sensitive to it too. I used A. Vogel brand that makes lots of homeopathics, because it was pure w/ just alcohol as a base. I thought I was cooked when it smelled just like chamomile, you'd think the big pretty yellow flower on the box would have been a tip off that it comes from pure flower nectar, duh. Anyway, I'm not allergic to chamomile either, even though most scented flowers just kill me.

It sinks in so quick, no greasiness because it's a gel. Can't wait to try the A. Vogel drops next for joint/muscle pains. The oral drops or pills are based on Devil's Claw though, but if they work this well they have to be awesome. I can't exactly put this all over me when I have the all over pain, it's reasonable at $20 a large tube, but wouldn't last long at that rate.

Jeanne
  2. BuMom

BuMom New Member

I tried Arnica pills that you put under your tongue. They didn't do anything for me at all.
  3. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

Glad you had relief. I found a natural cream from Oregon that lasts forever & priced reasonable. Almost immediate relief from pain. No stain or odor & non-greasy. I got some for my neighbor w/arthritis & he now calls it Sandy cream.
    Sandy
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Glad you've found this helpful! Twice a day, I used to cover all my joints & aching muscles with a thick layer of the gel (from a t.v. shopping channel) & let it sink in. It semed to help moderate pain & is better than swallowing tablets.. Now I'm on the Guaifenesin protocol I can't use it as it contains salicylates, & I miss it.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Now I want to get a tube for everyone I know w/ rheumatism.

Has anyone tried devil's claw yet?

Jeanne
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I always used that but have not lately. You are right it works great.

Love Anne C
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

8. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have used this for a long time...

My sister in law gave it to my many years ago to put on the kids if they fall or bump something..It is great. It helps so you don't get a bruise.

I put in on my TMJ joint and neck when it gets bad..I rub it up in my hair where my head hurts..It works pretty good.

I always say..I could just use it like a lotion all over my whole body...LOL It wouldn't last long...LOL

My sister in law uses all homeopathic meds...She has said that I should try the pills under my tonge..I just haven't tried them yet..She gave those my Mother in law after she had back surgery..They seem to help her with her pain.

I'm so gald that you found this to help ease your pain..

Take Care...:)
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

10. Jeanne-in-Canada

I'm using it every day, either in lieu of painkillers (usually putting off the inevitable) or when the big pain hits and I'm biting bullets waiting for my narcotics to kick in. the pain relief is so unbelievably immediate.

If you haven't tried it, it's so worth one little try.

Jeanne
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

HAS been around a long time. Mary Roberts Rinehart (once a best-selling author) wrote short stories for the Saturday Evening Post about 80 years ago. The stories were about 3 old ladies who got into comic adventures w/ their Model T.

Whenever someone got a bump they would swig elderberry wine and put arnica on the bruise.
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

God! I'm in dire need~
    muscle pain is unbearable most days.

I'll google it now.

Thank you for mentioning this arnica!

Hugs
    Tandy
  13. CinCA

CinCA New Member

But it has to be a good brand and good quality, as you know. I'm out of the gel (worked wonderfully after knee surgery some years ago), but the pills/pellets have been almost freaky in how they take away the pain and minimize bruising after I stub my toe, whatever. I even found they were the only thing that helped after getting extreme muscle tightness and stiffness/soreness when I started working out again the other week. Even so-skeptical hubby has had good results with it after playing in his soccer league and getting achy joints. Lastly, my 4 y.o. daughter asks now for the arnica when she gets a big "owie". She's a tough kid, but she bangs herself up a lot, being as she's into everything, and again, it is freaky how well the arnica, and all homeopathic remedies we've tried, work on her. Occasionally, some things will set her off or make stuff worse, and I can clearly tell it's not a placebo effect.

I am glad you found a good product that works for you. Traumeel is also a gel/ointment I've heard good things about...arnica is one of the main ingredients. It's available at many health food stores and groceries like Whole Foods, etc. I can't remember if it also contains aspirin, though...be sure to look as I seem to think there are some contraindications with certain conditions. The strictly arnica homeopathics should be okay, though.
  14. Jeanne-in-Canada

My local healthstore sells another brand cheaper, they are in Carleton Place and sell most everything much cheaper, so I try to shop there rather than Ottawa most times. Their brand is a cream though, and the binder is beeswax instead of the methycellulose and alchohol in the A. Vogel I'm using. I have pollen allergies and can't burn beeswax candles so it's probably out. I'm surprised I'm fine w/ the straight arnica becasue it smells really floral. That's a bonus b ecause I'm used to having everything scent free because of chemical sensitivity and that gets to be a drag.

They sell the Traumeel cream, which they say is better. Can't imagine, but I'll try it anyway. Haven't tried the arnica pills, I ddin't think they would work as well. I tried Devil's claw tincture and it made the pain much worse actually.

Jeanne
  15. Jeanne-in-Canada

Bought a tube of Traumeel today to compare it to my arnica gel, and even though one of the many ingredients in Traumeel is arnica, the arnica still kicks its butt.

I got some relief from Traumeel, but my worst problem area which is bony thing at the base of my neck where it meets the top of spine wasn't helped at all by Traumeel, but when I used arnica after I'd showered off the other it gave me blessed relief. Others could be different, though I thought I'd pass that on.

Jeanne
  16. Jeanne-in-Canada