Tried Chantix to Help Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pat460, May 1, 2007.

1. pat460

pat460 New Member

I absolutely HAVE to stop smoking! My doc gave me a prescription for Chantix but, it's around $130 and insurance won't pay. Before I spend that much I wanted to ask others' opinions on it? Have you tried it and did it help? I'm totally addicted and have smoked for about 26 years. Help!

2. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Hi Pat,

I just started the Chantix this week, so I can't say for sure that it will work. I work full time and I usually watch the clock for break time for my smoke and I noticed the last 2 days I wasn't even thinking about it!

I have cut down my cigs by about a third and I've been on the Chantix only 5 days. That's pretty promising for me! I've been a smoker for about 28 years now.

Hope this was helpful and good luck to you!

3. pat460

pat460 New Member

Thanks for replying. It sounds like the Chantix is helping you. I wanted to ask a favor if you don't mind? Since you are the only person I've heard from who is trying this drug, could you give me a holler in a couple of weeks and tell me if it's still working or has worked completely for you? It's a lot of money for me to spend right now, but I have to stop smoking for my health and my daughter's health as well. So I'll scrape the money together somehow if I know for sure that it's worked for at least one person. I would be very grateful to you. Just mention my username or Chantix in the title so I will read it-that is if you don't mind doing it for me.

Thank you, Pat