Tried "Curcumin" this stuff really WORKS for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

First a briefing on my health. I have FM and all the usual common issues that go with it. BUT, my chonic pain is the absolute worst. A few years back I had a large 10 centimeter (really big) lipoma removed from my right hip/buttock area, long story short, I believe the trauma from this surgery has left me with extra chronic pain and possible scar tissue pain along with it.

I have a very difficult time walking and standing because of this problem. With my FM, I have always had hip and butt pain, but it is now much worse that I can't even do a daily short walk to help control my weight anymore, very frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, I was at my local health food store to get some items, and I saw the bottle of Curcumin on the counters, the clerk had told me that this stuff was amazing (She does know about my problems and issues). I had told her that I was sick and tired of trying every known FM and chronic pain item out on the market and that this was just too expensive for me to try, and I didn't want to be disappointed. She had given me a sample which contained 4 capsules of the product. I took the product a few days later.

I am very sensitive to most everything I try, so even though you are supposed to take 4 capsules a day, I took only two (and prayed) that it didnt' give me any funky side effects, and just hoped that it would make some difference. No bad side effects, at least not yet.

I just couldn't believe it, I had to go to the grocery store and I usually dread it because my legs and hips start to ache and stiffen up, this just did not happen, I was able to walk much better with only two capsules. I was told this product starts to work within 45 minutes and you take it as needed. My pain was greatly alleviated, but it took about 2 hours for me, but that's okay.

I took the other two capsules the next day, and again, the walking stamina was so much better for me. I have to tell you all, I have tried EVERYTHING, physical therapy, Aleve, Advil, massage therapy, accupuncture, cold and hot packs, pain relieving cream, sprays, stretching, you name it. I have ordered a bottle which costs $34.00 for 60 capsules and I will just start with that.

Because I have a history of prouducts and medications that just do not work for me, I am still not 100 percent convinced that this will work in the long run, but for now I will continue to take it. I just wanted to share this with all of you. This product is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory and it's main ingredient is Turmeric, I think, I will have to do more research. Hugs, Chelz.

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

That is great, Chelz!

Yes, it is a component of Turmeric, the spice. As far as I have read, the only side effect is stomach irritation in people who are sensitive to that kind of thing. If you can handle taking aspirin, you'll probably be fine. You can take it with lots of water to make sure it doesn't irritate you in the long run.

The enzymes that I take, Candidase and Virastop, are similar in their potential side effects, and I've been taking them for over two years and I seem to be doing all right with them.

Best wishes!
  3. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I just picked up my bottle of Curcumin from my health food store. I will start taking it tomorrow, I had a killer TMJ headache today and just took some Aleve for that, it was so bad the Aleve didn't start working until 3 hours later.

Oh I hope this helps me, I will keep you posted!!!!! Hugs, Chelz.
  4. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Hoping to hear also if the Curcumin will help you. I may try it myself. Thanks for the post.
    Hugs, Robin