Tried I.V. Glutathione, felt great, heard Dr. Cheney & RichVK Discourage it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubcap_halo, Mar 31, 2009.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

I tried IV Glutathione and I felt 90% for 6 hours, but the next day I felt sick again. Perhaps this is why a PWC just told me Dr. Cheney and Rich Van K do not recommend Glutathione supplementation.

I don't know if my experience was in part placebo, but boy did I feel good. I felt a bit like I did after my 2nd Myer's Cocktail, after which I felt great and put in an 8 hour day of walking and doing things. But again, the day after I was back to being sick.

I can't find any documentation against I.V. Glutathione. If anyone knows of any, let me know.

I will check for responses to this post, but don't be offended if I don't respond right away. It looks like the option to be notified of responses has been removed. Or at least I can't find it.

2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

may i ask what became of your antiviral treatment? i think you were seeing levine....

3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hey, HH, it's great to hear from you!

Yeah, I've also heard that IV Glutathione is not a permanent solution.

I think the real goal is to get the liver to make more of your own glutathione.

I'm glad you're still trying things and not giving up!

4. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

I didn't know I had any replies. Did they eliminate the email notification function? I can't find it!

Sue, I'm still pursuing anti viral treatment, but on a much more gentle, supportive level. I'm seeing a FANTASTIC Immunologist here in DC who is a professor at Georgetown. I recommend him to anyone--Joseph Bellanti. Takes insurance. He and his fellows spent 3 hours with me my first appointment!!! Anyway, battery of tests of all parts of immune system and viruses. Got first results. He is running another round to and then will recommend treatment.

The good news is I'm slowly improving, I can feel it. The lowered stress and more nature where I am are so good. NYC I loved, I wanted, but it just wasn't good for me.

I hear you Forebearance. I had the same effect from a myer's cocktail. I felt 100% for a day. Some docs have said if you do them regularly the effects are cumulative

How are you Sue?
    How are you Forebearance?
    What's new?

5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm just detoxing, killing something with colloidal silver, and trying to get out into nature as much as possible. I've been practicing mold avoidance, and because of it I no longer feel half-dead. So I feel like I am slowly improving, too.

That is great to hear about your new doctor and gentle, supportive treatment!