Tried meditation w/shop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, May 10, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

and I loved it. It's been happening over the last 3 days. 3 hours each day. We had to practise at home and have been taught different types of meditation and then focused on the one main one after that. It is hard to learn and I still haven't mastered the art of not letting my thoughts waft off, but I am getting better at it.Was also taught a visual meditation to deal with pain and that is really great. I am so glad I went. Just have to make time for me each day and do it. Have managed to go for a walk most days up till doing this w/shop and am off for a walk soon.Am no longer on the Zoloft,but am taking the SAMe, my ZMA, Calcium and drinking REAL herbal teas which I get from my accupuncturist or else I just thinly slice some ginger and pour hot water over that and drink it.I have to take my meds for the MVP, diabetes, cholesterol and ulcer, but it feels great to feel so much better. I know I could overdo it and crash so am trying to avoid that and at the same time feel thankful for the improvement I now have. I said somewhere else that it is this board which gave me the opportunities to sort things out for myself and I thank everyone for their input. NOW all I have to do is get some weight off and keep the processes going forward. I am still trying to locate the 'Sommers diet books which is proving difficult over here in Australia. I believe that one is probably best for me with some carbs in it seeing I have diabetes. Hope the "fats" aren't too bad for a diabetic but everything I read seems to suggest it is OK.Won't be on the board much for a few days as I will be busy. Love Ozgran.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your best bet to finding the SomerSize books is probably online through Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The HSN carries some of her things and she does have her own website.

Love, Mikie
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

so glad to hear you're finding the meditation useful. Getting thoughts out of your head when meditating takes time, we used to be taught to acknowledge them, then carry on. If you find it impossible having the right kind of music or sound (like ocean waves, bird songs +++) playing softly in the background can help. Choosing a personal chant is another method, your brain doesn't have to be completely "empty" for it to work.

Went to a great teacher some years ago because previous method wasn't working so well. He worked with us as individuals allowing each of us to find our own way.

Problem for me was I became so relaxed I'd just fall asleep, every time!

This was due to my chronic sleep deficit, I could doze off at any time but never with this level of predictability.

So pleased improvement has lasted, long may it remain.

Cheers

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 05/12/2003]
  4. Lox

Lox New Member

Hiya OzGran

I am from downunder as well, albiet way out west at the same time, and in reading your post I noticed you are taking ZMA. I asked a few people in my area, which I must admit is a little rural - read out in the sticks haha - and when i mentioned ZMA they all go HUH! Melatonin just got blanks stares lol Actually am finding that with a lot of the things that are mentioned on the board here and that is understandable, however frustrating as there are definately one or two things i would like to try. Anyway was the ZMA easy to find?!
    Have a lovely day people and take care.

Cheers
    Lauren :)
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

ZMA is fairly easy to get in the UK. It is usually stocked with all the bodybuilder's supplements. I'm sure you must be able to source it in Australia.

I've just started taking them but I ordered mine from immune support.

The pots I found in the UK had the same forms of magnesium and zinc, they in the same quantities.

Perhaps you need to go out and find a big hunky man with bulging muscles and ask him where he gets his supps from!

Cheers

Tansy
  6. Lox

Lox New Member

Haha I like the idea of the big hunky man - alas in the outback "muscle men" are few and far between or out chasing their sheep!

Am thinking I might do as you have and order them from Immune Support.

Our supplement area here is a little tricky at the moment with massive recalls so I am a little dubious as to which brands are a yes or a no. I did find a couple of brands on the net, one cost an arm and a leg and the other only had minimal traces of the magnesium.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Lauren :)