tried Savella

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sirfoo, May 18, 2011.

1. sirfoo

sirfoo New Member

and it just made the fibrofog worse. I literally could not hold a thought in my head. I went right back off of it. The fog had never been like that. Ugh. So the aches are still pretty bad, a mild muscle relaxant helps a bit at night if I need it.
    But all in all, I'm just so much worse that I have ever been with this. I'll admit, I'm a bit concerned, but hanging in there.

2. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Nancy!

I have also tried Savella and had a really bad reaction to it! I had really bad migraines that lasted 9 days before I got a hold of dr. on call on the weekend! He immediately took me off of the Savella slowly and put me back on Cymbalta. The Cymbalta was not working very good on my energy levels as my dr. was hoping for so........he added Lyrica which helped me sleep better and helped the fibrofog a Lot! As far as my energy levels and meds. my dr. just recently put me on Adderral at a low dose and it has helped A LOT!

I also take COQ10 and MSM which helps my fibro pain, headaches and when I ran out of both for 2-3 days boy did I notice the difference and sent hubby out to get some more right away! The vitamens and supps at Walmart are the cheapest I have found esp. if you can get the generic brand ones.

I hope this helped some and hope the fibrofog lifts and your fibro pain lessens soon. Keep us posted, you should get a lot of replies on this one!

Faith, Peace and Comfort, Julie :)