Trigeminal Maxilary Nerve PainAnybody have this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smithturtle, Apr 5, 2006.

1. smithturtle

smithturtle New Member

Recently had acute sinusitis, ususally chronic sinusitis. Then I got this excruciating left cheek pain for about 5 days. Went to ENT, Dentist, Chiro, Internist and going to Neurologist in 2 weeks. Anybody had this and what did you do?
  2. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

I have been having this problem again, too. I had it first about a year ago. It is on my right side. I also have chronic sinusitus and have had three sinus surgeries, the last nearly two years ago.

I had a dental bridge removed and a tooth that was supporting the bridge also removed by a dental surgeon in January. Now I am waiting to have an implant or another bridge, etc., but am afraid it will not work because of the TM pain. Heck, I'm even wondering if it is TM pain! It's a sharp, excruciating pain that is sometimes brought on by drinking or eating and other times it just happens.

I was diagnosed by an ENT last year and just went to the dentist again last week to make sure it wasn't another tooth. If it is, they don't see it.

I am thinking of going to a dentist that specializes in orofacial pain. He lives in a town about 100 miles from here. I just haven't felt up to making the appt. and going.

I'm sorry I've rambled on and I know I haven't helped you, but at least it's good to have someone to talk to that is going through the same thing.

Good Luck,
    Phoenix
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  3. Gly

Gly New Member

I've had pain in the area of the trigeminal nerve/maxillary sinus since last July. Experienced headaches, congestion, pain, numbness and just a feeling that something was there that shouldn't be there. Nothing showed up on CT scan, x-ray, or pan x-ray. Doctor suspected atypical migraines or atypical trigeminal neuralgia.

Finally went to ENT who did a scope and... OUCH... hit the exact spot. I have a deviated septum which has formed a spur which is stabbing into one of my turbinates. Surgery scheduled at the end of this month.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]