Trigeminal Neuralgia again

Discussion in 'multiplesclerosis' started by Svette_Palme, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

"nerves with the covering worn off by the pulsing blood vessels near the base of the brain" is how Trigeminal Neuralgia is related to MS. I have been seeing this written up a lot lately.

I am going to get an MRI and other neurological tests, next week. Hows that for FAST in Canada? I only had the attack and my ER visit a week ago.

But it isn't exactly Trigeminal Neuralgia, but it is "face pains on the Trigeminal nerve". My attacks do not come on suddenly, and they last much longer than typical TN [about 2 to 3 hours]. Other than that, it is just like TN, I think.

Anyone else here have Trigeminal Neuralgia attacks that last longer than a few minutes?
  2. daylight

daylight New Member

I have TN and MS . My TN attacks can usually last from 2 days to months . They have been trigger by my MS or visa versa. Also if I'm flaring from my RA or CSM or ON's . My TN attack can also bring on migraines . I have TN mostly on my right side of face and neck.

heres a link on TN and facial pain

http://www.fpa-support.org/aboutfp/index.html[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2010]

I hope that you get your answers soon. It good that your being seen so fast. It took me years to get diagnosed .

Wish you well,

D.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2010]
  3. Spacey

Spacey Member

My Doctor is involved in a study for a new treatment for TN. I am one of the people selected for this treatment. I go in every two weeks and have some injections in quite a few nerves that are involved with TN. The injections are just a sugar water (dextrose) totally safe, and it is working amazing well. Unfortuately he is one of three Doctors in the world doing this study right now. Hence my good fortune. He has been going around to different parts of Canada and does conferences about this. He says that when it is done all Doctors that learn it will be able to do it in they're offices. It is great and hopefully will be coming soon.