Trigger Point Injections Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Who has found relief with TPI?

I have FMS and they think I have Myofascia Pain acorss the tops of my shoulder

B4 I go to this new pain doc, I want to see who has had luck with this
  2. tjo

tjo Member

Yes, I have had several tpi's and they helped alot. It hurts a little when the needle goes in, but then you start feeling relief so it's a good pain. I recently had an epidural and it didn't help at all.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Do you know what they inject you with?

Did you get them in your back?
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I have tried the trigger point injections...very short term pain relief, about a week maybe:(. Though, the ones at the base of my skull did help with the headaches.

5. Empower

Empower New Member

I will take a week!
  6. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

Hello i have fibro and i get TPI once a month i get between 12 -18 inj. and i do very well for

about 3wks its amazing for the first hour that a get those inj. i don`t need my eye glasses

seem that i see very well then after that hour well i need my eye glasses back ,my rhuemy

DR. told me to go and see this DR. for the inj. as long as i can go i will get them ,,i get them

from my hairline down to my shoudlers blades and down to my hips where ever i have pain

so i have had very good luck with those TPI,,,,
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Usually they inject you with lidocaine, but sometimes they use novocaine....and if you are allergic to those, they can just do what is called dry needle....they don't use anything but the needle for that and they still get comparable results; however, they do find that dry needling can cause more tenderness afterward....I actually had a Dr want to do this on me awhile back (before I knew that they can do the dry needle thing), and she got mad at me bc i told her I am allergic to lidocaine - unbelievable, huh? (it's esp ridiculous now that i know that she could have done it w/o any anesthetic)
  8. Empower1

Empower1 New Member

10??? I have a herniated disc in my low back and was told I might need an epidural injection

You don't by chance see Adelsheimer??

I have gone to Dr Doris Cope at UPMC
  9. Jittle

Jittle Member

I have been getting injections for years now: neck, shoulders, shoulder blades, and lower back. The ones for my neck help with muscle issues, and vertebrae problems (already had bulging disks, now I found out I have a herinated one too). The one in shoulder blades makes me feel like I can breath again. And I always have lower back pain: the only time I get relief is a day or two after injections. Its about 15-20 a month a do

Mine seem to help for about 3 weeks. I could not live without them!

The needleshurt a little going in: You will get use to it, I barley flinch anymore. Depending on how bad your muscle is it is going to be sore for a day but goes away.
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

I have a very "messy" back also

Geeezzz all kind of problems back there. I recently listened to Vijay Vad on PBS and alot of what he said made since

Look him up - I am trying to resolve a herniated disc with stretches and such

I cannot do surgery