Trigger Point Injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swimmer71, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. swimmer71

    swimmer71 New Member

    Who gives these and do they help? What are they? Cortizone?
  2. gidgetsmom

    gidgetsmom New Member

    I've been getting trigger point injections for a year now. They are usually given by an anesthesiologist in pain management setting. Usually a combination of cortisone and a local anesthetic. I haven't gotten much relief from them. Got one more coming in May and they'll probably not do anymore because I haven't gotten any measurable good from them yet. Hope this helps!! Good luck!!
  3. 69mach1

    69mach1 New Member

    mine had lidocaine in them...they can also use a dry needle w/o antyhing in them....anathesialogist did mine...they would leave me alittle bruised...

    great dr though, but i just couldn't see continuing in there and getting needles jabbed in...

  4. cajunv2001

    cajunv2001 New Member

    they do help,but i must admit it takes a while for those old tight muscles to give up all that tightness,i go every 3 or so months to a wonderfull pain managment dr.
    the first time was the worst,but my muscles were like bricks. the upper back,and shoulder,neck area,seem to benifit the most.
    cortisone and lanacane are usually the meds i think.
    good luck with um.
  5. SueSnyder

    SueSnyder New Member

    I get trigger point injections from my neurologist, and I think they're some kind of cortisone with lidocaine. They do help.

[ advertisement ]