trigger point injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Aug 12, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

has anyone had trigger point injections?ive thought about it but i am so bad im afraid to let anyone touch me. i just wanted to know if it helped and how much after pain there was after? thanks charlene
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Needles do not bother me.

Some people are very afraid and find them painful.

However, the darn triggers hurt so much, and relief from the injections, when well done is well worth it to me.
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

I tried trigger point injections once, many years ago. Didn't mind the needle, but didn't get any relief from the injections, either.

Good luck.

janieb
  4. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I had trigger point injections first part of 2005, sorry to say they didn't give me much relief. That pain clinic only did injections, so when the pain got so bad I couldn't stand it I went to another one that deals in meds and injections.

They've done what's called cervical facet joint blocks and trigger point injections for almost a year. So far, I haven't gotten any relief so probably won't have anymore.

They're usually done under light sedation and there is some soreness and stiffness the day after.

Guess they're worth a try if you have insurance!! Hope this helps!!

Shelley

5. fybromom28

fybromom28 New Member

i had them done yrs ago and i am deathly scared of needles.. but the pain went away for like 3-5 days but then it came back. so it wasnt worth it to me.. and i couldnt stand the pain of the needles...
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I had 2 a few weeks ago and I have seen no change.Very frustrating.