Trigger point injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Nov 6, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Painful? How long do they last?
    Getting one Monday for myofacial. The pain I'm experiencing now is unbelievable. Anyone had trigger point injections?
    ::::::::Soft hugs::::::::
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Painful? How long do they last?
    Getting one Monday for myofacial. The pain I'm experiencing now is unbelievable. Anyone had trigger point injections?
    ::::::::Soft hugs::::::::
  3. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Yes I have had them in my subcutanious tissue of the neck
    area, and tender points of the back.

I can't remember long they lasted but I think around 2 or 3 months.

If you are in sever pain, you will be glad to get them.

Good luck
    LadyDi
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

awesome site on the neurology channel. Very explanitory. We fibros are even mentioned there.
    Click or paste this url and visit. Interesting. (not advertising anything, just trying to be helpful).
    Thanks LadyDi for giving insight. Was it really painful on top of the pain already?
    Soft hugs.
    Here is the site:
    http://www.neurologychannel.com/fibromyalgia/treatments.shtml#treat
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

in my neck, elbows, hips and several times in my back. The ones in my back helped me, but the other ones didn't really help. The most disappointing result I had was when I had my hips injected, my right hip was back to feeling the way it was before the injections after just a few days. The injections are supposed to last for a while, I know you can't be injected more than every 90 days in the same spot. When I had my elbows done, I was in more pain that I was originally for the first 2 days, then I had relief for a few weeks, but they are back to where they were in the first place. My DH has had his elbows done a few times and he gets relief for many months. Don't go by my story, apparently people get more relief from the injections than I have.
    Good luck and {{{{hugs}}}}.
  6. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thanks. But how much more does the injection hurt on top of already pain on a scale of 1-10? The nuerology site said it can take up to 1/2 for the injection and they may move the needle around a bit. Ouch!!!!
    Soft hugs.
  7. karen55

karen55 New Member

I'm not going to lie, the injections hurt. The one that bothered me the least was my back, but it's been injected many times, as I've had 2 ruptured lumbar discs in the past. My experience, with the neck, hips, and elbows, was that the areas that hurt the most, hurt a lot when initially injected, BUT THAT MAY NOT BE THE CASE FOR EVERYONE, it was just my own experience. And yes, they do move the needle around. When I had my right hip done this past summer, I was injected in 7 or 8 spots, and it hurt! The left hip was injected in 4 spots, and it wasn't so bad. The elbows almost sent me into orbit; they were a 9 or a 10 on the pain scale for sure, as was my right hip. I actually screamed out in pain and *jumped*, which meant getting stuck again. Ask your Dr. to use some numbing meds in the injection, that helps. Hopefully you will get some relief from injecting the trigger spots. Out of all the places I'm had injections, it helped my back the most, not sure why though. Crossing my fingers for you!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2002]
  8. karen55

karen55 New Member

how it goes on Monday. I hope it's not too painful for you getting the injections, and I really hope you get relief. It's typical to hurt more, or at least as much, for a couple of days immediately following the injections, and then experience relief from the pain. Think positive thoughts! {{{hugs}}}
  9. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Can't imagine pain on top of the pain already. Ohhhhh this is gonna hurt big time. I'm usually sedated for any procedure other than my cortisone's in the knee, which kill. Hope I get some sleep the night before.
    Thanks guys. Soft hugs.
  10. kayice

kayice New Member

Hi, I've has these injections, Yes they hurt like heck getting them. Didn't last that long. I have had facet joint injections also the nerves on the my lower back blocked. Those are done under sedatives. Help with MAJOR back spasms. I would not be her now if I didn't get the blocks. My friend tried botox injections for neck/headaches and that helped for awhile--couple of months.Good Luck to you!
  11. Myst

Myst New Member

The Dr. pushes around to find the worst spots,(that hurts bad enough). Then the injection hurts at first.Right after words he sent me for a heat treatment on my neck.My injections were on my shoulders & upper back area. I went home & rested witrh a heat pad all afternoon.It has helped relieve alot of the pain.To soon to tell how long it will last.GOD Bless!
  12. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Oh, I am scared. Today I get the trigger injection. What is the heat treatment that you get afterwards?
    The rib cage is in real pain today, so I guess the pain from the trigger will really put me down for a couple of days.
    Thanks for all your help and guidance and suggestions out there.
    Soft hugs.
  13. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I had trigger point injections about 10 days ago, and they started to help right away. Yes, it stung a little ... one place was worse than the others (I had 4 injections) ... but so far, so good. Mine were all in my upper back/shoulder area.

Jan ^v^
  14. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Not as bad as I anticipated. Seems like it is already taking the edge off the pain.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Soft hugs.