Trigger point " withdrawal"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jittle, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Jittle

Jittle Member

I no longer seeing my NP of 6 years who gave the best trigger point injections. My new doctors office only does them at a surgery center and they are not even good. Right now I totally screwed up my left hip and leg.Chiropractor said I Am full of inflammation. I "literally" have a pain in my a** and one below it. Normally I would call the old NP and go right to her house. Now she won't even see me and I nd a way to get rid of this pain. I have tried at stretching, cooling gel, and the massage machine. And here I sit in pain at 2 am. I am going to use the heating pad tonight just to hopefully soothe it so I can sleep.

Anymore Ideas ?
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

That must be hard Jittle. If you had something that worked for you being taken away from you I can only imagine how lost that must feel since you KNOW you could feel better...

Can't your old NP advise you who COULD give you better help or can they pass on the details of what exactly they used and how they used it to your new one... I can understand that people need to retire at some point or need to stop their job but it would be nice if they would be able to at least help you find a place to continue good treatment before they do.

I don't have fibro, I have ME and each of us are soooo unique but for me a strict diet of not eating the foods I am intolerant for (among others alcohol, cafeine, cocoa, yeast, sugar, dairy and some other things) has helped me a lot in bringing down the pain and stiffness and imobility enormously.

Do warm baths or showers help maybe...

I just wish you lots of strenght and hope you find another way to ease the pain...
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

ouchie.......I feel for you. A few years ago I saw an orthopedic surgeon for the awful pain in my neck and hip. He checked me out and ordered PT. He told me the hip was probably bursitis. At PT I was given some good stretching exercises to work that area. Do a search online and perhaps you can find some help.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Trigger Points refer to myofacial pain which brings with it lots of inflammation. I'm not sure what kind of injections you were getting. Myofacial pain release through a really good physical therapist will help get rid of those knots in the muscles and the pain associated with them. Good luck to you in finding something to help.

Love, Mikie