Trigger Points Flexeril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I've been finding painful trigger points all over my body. I have both the recommended books and use them constantly. I also have a tennis ball that I use occasionally.

My question is, would taking Flexeril help with the release of trigger points? My doctor prescribed some, but I don't take it because I didn't think my muscles needed relaxing. But I just may be wrong.
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I wish I had better news for you but the only thing I have found to help with CMP is the trigger point release. I am on generic Flexeril and it does nothing for the trigger points. It does take the pain away from my fibro flares however. Most of the time when I have a fibro flare, It will trigger the CMP as well and leave me with some juicy trigger points. Sometimes it will trigger my RLS also and sometimes it will start the cascade and I will end up with all three.

I have the theracane to work out alot of my trigger points as well as the ball. I do my own bodywork with these as going to get messages all the time would not be cost effective for me. I have been so fortunate to have had a great summer with no pain but the weather is turning and I am turning with it. I have trigger points right now in my shoulders. Hope some of this helps. What works for me is just that. Maybe you will get some relief from the Flexeril. P