trigger pont therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chp1298, Sep 16, 2005.

1. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I just ordered Fibro and Chronic Myofascial Pain trigger point workbook. The last 3 nights my husband and I have gone thru book and he has tried to do the therpay for my terrible TMJ and upper back pain. The massage is PAINFUL( book states it should hurt 7 out of 10 and it does. It also causes soreness adn a little brusing but I am veryhopeful that it will help. I almost think the TMJ might not be Quite as panful right now. I am premenstrual sothis is ususually the WORST time but I am standing it with only vicodin 1-2 times daily instead of every 3 to 4 hrs.

Has anyone had success with this method. If it seems to work we will experiment with All the trigger/tender points.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

In the last month or so, I have been going to a hand therapy for arthritis and tendonitis. I have tight, painful trigger points all over my body, but the most are on my right neck, shoulder, upper arm, elbow and then before the elbow and the wrist. When the therapist pressed on these points,the pain is almost unbearable, but I think it's helped. I don't know, thought. After they do this, I hurt for a couple days, but it feels good right afterwards.

Don't know what to tell you, but I am hoping these will help me. My neck is so sore today, and my arm is, also, as it was worked on yesterday. My neck? Just because!

By the way, the therapist said never to work on my neck at home. The neck needs to be treated just right and both sides need to be the same. JUst what he told me.

Best of luck...what's the name of the book you have.

Blessings,
    Sue
  3. spasco

spasco New Member

I also have the book. I did read somewhere in either that one or the Fibro book that accompanied it, that if you've had FM for over 20 yrs untreated, the therapy won't help you. I did get some valuable info out of it though.

God bless! Stephanie
  4. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I also am learning from the book. O also got Fibromayalgia and Chronis Myofascail Pain survival manual. I am learning froom this too. good infor to take to the Rheumy.
  5. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I'm having trigger point injections in the neck followed by myofascial release the same day. The whole process is very painful. Had three injections and treatment yesterday and am so sore today.

I am curious to know why they think that if you have had fibro for 20+ years that treatment won't help? Did you read that in a trigger point manual?

I'll discuss it with my pain doc - who is a physatrist if I can show him an article or part of a book.

Thanks for your help.
    Val
  6. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member