Triggerpoints didn't read instructions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanng, Sep 24, 2006.

1. joanng

joanng New Member

Ok, I did it again! I bought the massauger that someone mentioned on this board and meant to buy the book that explains how to use it BUT I couldn't wait and decided to just wing. Oh, it hurt so bad it felt good.....and I kept doing it thinking I was kneading out the knots....its the triggerpoint under my right 'wing bone', right beneath my shoulder blade. Usually a trigger point feels like the size of a half-dollar, right now it feels like the size of a girl's softball. It's killing me. I've applied heat and I'm going to slap on a lidoderm patch but can someone tell me what I did wrong. I had the massauger on low, but I did use the hardest heads (too lazy to get up and get the softer ones)....it's my own fault and I'm going to order the book today but any insight on what I did wrong would be helpful. Thanks.

joann
  2. joanng

joanng New Member

Haleycole, please, you're not the guilty party here, I am. I always do this. I rush into things without doing proper research. Did the same thing when I decided to attack the yeast in my body. Took too much too soon and knocked myself out quick. The Lidoderm patch helped and I did switch the heads on the massaguer. I also ordered the book! Thanks for responding. I won't touch it again until I read the book.

joann
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

please be careful not to over do it. start out slow if you do this full force you will end up worse than when you started and get discouraged. trust me i did it and it took me months to get back from where i started . i just wanted my regular pain back! good luck charlene