TRIIODO-L-THYRONINE SOD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Aug 30, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

HAS ANYONE TAKEN, TRIIODO-L-THYRONINE, FOR THEIR THYROID, DR HAS ME ON THIS, IM IN RANGE, BUT HE WANTED IT TO BE LOWER, ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING BOUT TRIIODO-L-
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

have not heard/read anything about this one....there are quite a few people on here with thyroid issues, though, so you might get a good response....if you don't, I would try going to stopthethyroidmadness.com (I think it's dot com,might be dot org) or the thyroid board
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

maybe a T3 med. If that's what you're on, there are probably a number of people on the board who have tried it. You might also post on the thyroid board.

Best wishes.
  4. grace54

grace54 New Member

I have been useing it for about 4 years and it helped my pain, sleeplessness, energy, weight etc. I just had it compounded with some t-4 as my Dr. wanted that raised a bit. I take 137.5 mcg's in the Am. Some Dr's believe we have a problem with conversion of t-4 to t-3 .
  5. street129

street129 New Member

grace-
    i just started taking this, im taking 5mg for 10 days, then in another bottle of 30 pills, its 10mg for 1 month with 3 refill, the compound is call ITC COMPOUND.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2009]
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Street129, TRIIODO-L-THYRONINE SOD is a T3 preparation. ITC Pharmacy is a compounding pharmacy in Castle Rock, Colorado, used by Fibro and Fatigue Centers. Might that be what you're reading?
  7. grace54

grace54 New Member

I also get mine through ITC. They generally start you out with a small amount and increase it gradually. Hope you see some improvement.
  8. street129

street129 New Member

i hope so too,that i feel better, i did went to the fibro fatigue center in may of this year, got my prescription from the one center in connittcut, they call you so much if you dont keep your appointments., im in controll of when i want to return to fibro and fatigue cnter.
  9. ginadawn

ginadawn New Member

I just started taking triiodo L thyronine sod two days ago- I've been borderline low thyroid for 20 plus years but no one would put me on any meds- I'm 52 and going through menopause and decided I could not take the weight gain after during everything in my power-
    I noticed you are on a higher dosage I'm only taking 20mcg one a day-
    When did you feel a difference? I'm so anxious to feel BETTER!
    Thanks!
  10. ginadawn

ginadawn New Member

I recently started this med - I've been borderline low for 20 plus yrs and finally visited
    ITC for a consult and she put me on 20mcg once a day- I'm hoping this is enough to help me lose the 10 lbs gained during menopause!!! UGH how long did it take you to feel a difference?
    Thanks !