Trip To ER and NO Explanation :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Apr 14, 2007.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Well, I was having a fair day Easter and by 9:30pm I was in ER.

All I know is that I became very dizzy, nauseated, and then my limbs were getting numb, from feet up and hands/arms down. By the time I was transported by EMS to ER, I knew nothing. I honestly remember thinking at one point in the EMS that I would never see anyone ever again. Scary, huh?

Was there any explanation for this? Absolutely not! Has this ever happened to anyone? I was hospitalized and released Tuesday afternoon.

The tests that were done were ALL heart tests. The only thing I was told was that I was dehydrated and had very low potassium level. (Oh, and I have fluid in my ear, which is still the same).

I'm just curious, as I'm sure everyone would be, if this has happened to anyone else?

I haven't felt really well, meaning worse than normal, since I've been home.

Any comments welcome,

BlueSky555

2. jole

jole Member

The joys and frustrations we have to endure never end, do they? It is soo discouraging to be feeling so bad and have them feel it is bad enough to be admitted, but not bad enough for a decent explaination!

But I wonder too if it was perhaps an anxiety attack? I ended in ER with the same symtoms a few years ago with one, and have had many since then. they are certainly no fun, and can scare the heck out of you. Mine come mostly when I am in a crowd (social) and have found I cannot be around people, even go to church anymore without taking Xanax first.

I hope your doctor has more to tell you. I do know that an electrolyte imbalance, which you probably had, is no fun either, and does take some time to get over. did they put you on any meds such as potassium?

Hope you are feeling better, and please make your doc explain, after all, they took your money!
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Wow, thank you ALL for the quick responses. I did have an appt. with my Dr. yesterday and when I arrived, I was told he was out of town. I was not happy but took another appt. and left.

Later, I realized how rude it was that someone from the office didn't call me the day before, Thursday, and let me know that.

As for any medication, no, I wasn't given anything except to stay on my regular meds. By the way, my meds were cut wayyyy back during my stay and was given nothing to help me sleep that first night. Either I did pass out or was given something at the hospital but I have no idea at this point.

I was trying to eat right and actually DO eat a banana everyday but I guess that's not enough.

Again, thank you ALL so much; its such a relief to communicate with others that have experienced or know of these problems.

BlueSky555

PS: I will call my Dr. first thing Monday AM.
  4. darude

darude New Member

I have experienced this also and ended up with no explanation. I mean something IS going on with us!! Please let us know what happens take care
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

I just wanted to send you good wishes...you have had a very scarry experience and i hope someone figures it out so it does not happen again.

TAKE CARE!
    JMQ
  6. Engel

Engel New Member

Yes I have experienced that and yes have gone to ER many times but everything was ok.
  7. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I would like to thank you all once again for the responses. I'm still about the same but somewhat afraid of the "tiredness" feeling.

Of course, I was already feeling tired most of the time prior to that visit but something still isn't exactly right, as someone had already stated. I can just sit here in my chair and even when I talk on the phone, it just wears me out to talk. Is this normal in CFS???

I would like to say in my post that I hope that browneyedlady is doing ok and was very sorry to hear of the diagnosis. After reading some of the responses to her post, I was relieved to know that there are SO many knowledgeable people here on the board and also "very caring" ones.

BlueSky555