Troll is in trouble

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by garlinbarb, Jun 27, 2002.

1. garlinbarb

garlinbarb New Member

I just read an answer to a post on the FMS/CFS board.
    I think his black dog is back.
    He needs our support.
    Barb
  2. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Barb, I just read it, too. How do you convince someone of the great love when you do think yopu are being singled out? Depression is an awful thing to deal with. I remember those days very well. But, I look at it now as my Mother always did, there is always somebody worse off than you. Just a few to mention; I have Fibromyalgia and Disc Disease but thankfully the 16 year old girl who used to live next door doesn't, but she has to live with something worse, she was molested by her Father and encouraged to do drugs with him and his friends, though; their are people living in our downtown are that are hungry but they spend what little money they have on cheap wine, to me that is worse than all of the pain I have; what about the daughter that cared for her Mother while she suffered with great pain for 6 years until she died, my pain will never surpass hers ( my Mother). If John is reading this, I would just like to say that if I would turn away from God and His loving Son, Jesus Christ, it would have been when my Mother was suffering in such an inhumane way. But, I did the opposite, I turned to Him and He opened His mighty arms wide to me. There is a battle of sorts that still continues; that is the battle between God and Satan, or should I say us and Satan. All I can do is wonder why it took me so long. Some might say I have the right to shun the Father, I have had a very hard life; I did shun Him for most of that life. My awareness now is that God doesn't put this pain in our bodies because He is disciplining us or just plain doesn't like us. I feel in my case, I have been given these diseases as a gift; a gift so that I can take my compassion and communication skills and help someone else with this problem or even the problems of Domestic Violence or Alcoholism, as I am also a victim of these. I have heard the call and I am trying to do what I think what God has put me on this earth for. There is a great plan and we are not privy to that information. We, as the children, are to love and respect our Father; after all, there is no greater love. I hope I got this out the way I wanted to. I have many I will be praying for this evening, but I won't name those individuals, but God knows who I am refering to. Blessings, Deena
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To pray for John, I missed the post on the other board, but the Lord knows the needs of His people, John is a special person, the Lord has given him great knowledge, now he must learn to use it for good purposes.

I will pray that he is helped right now.

Shalom, Shirl

4. teach6

teach6 New Member

In case he's reading I would tell him that God doesn't promise He will do everytinig WE want Him to do. He also didn't give us these diseases. But He is always there beside us to talk to, to hold us when we are feeling alone and to pick us up when we are down.

In my darkest moments of depression when I would sit on my bed holding a bottle of pills for long periods of time somehow I always managed to put them down. I now firmly believe that was God's doing. Whenever I felt that way I always turned to Him in prayer and I think that is how He answered it for me. He didn't take away the depression with a magic wand, but he helped me through the crisis, until I could get in touch with someone else who could help me deal with it.

The other thing I would say is that God answers prayers in His own time and in His own way. Sometimes it takes a while to realize they have been answered, but that doesn't mean they haven't been or won't be in the future.

Barbara
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But I will add an extra prayer for the Troll.

Love, Mikie