Tropical Storm Debby, Wildfires in Colorado, floods, etc

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Jun 25, 2012.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Just wanted to let anyone know who is affected by severe weather, I am thinking and praying for you and your family's safety. I know Mikie lives in Florida and Tropical Storm Debby is looming. I hope she is safe and sound.

Anyone else who might be dealing with threatening weather, please know my thoughts and prayers are with you too. Check in with us and let us know how you are doing!

Love, Erika
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

God bless anyone in FL or wherever that storm decides to go.

Yes, please do check in so we know how you are all doing OK !!

3. spacee

spacee Member

I'm in Fla but the center of the state. Lots of rain but everyone's ok.

Friend out in Colorado is fine but what a terrible situation out there.

We will all pray!

4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Just posted to you on the fibro board too. :) So glad you are safe from the TS Debby and that you friend in CO is doing ok as well.

Praying for all!

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For days, we have been getting soaking rains and stiff winds. Power was out the morning from a fallen tree on the lines. We get the outer bands of wind and rain whipping off the storm. As it move northward, it gets better for us. Spacee lives in FL but haven't heard her say whether she has been affected or not.

My daughter and ex live in CO. Both live near the foothills SW of Denver. So far, so good. The worst areas are in Fort Collins, a college town north of Denver, and Colorado Spgs. south of Denver. It's been more than 100 degrees which isn't helping them fight the wildfires. Other states in the West are fighting wild fires too.

Again, thanks for your good wishes. I pray for all in harm's way.

Love, Mikie
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Sorry your power was out, but I'm very glad things are improving for you. Glad your daughter and ex are fine so far and stay that way. Hope everyone stays safe. Thinking of you.

Love, Erika
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He said the smoke is so thick and he was coughing. They are telling people to stay inside. An old ranch, which was turned into a tourist attraction, burned to the ground. We took out-of-town guests there for dinner, cooked out of a covered wagon just like the cowboys did on cattle drives. It was near Colorado Spgs and it was called, The Flying W Ranch. And, it's not just CO. Seems the whole West is on fire but I think CO is the worst. It's sad.

Love, Mikie