Trouble getting out of bed...so tired Old symptom returned

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

Does anyone else get this? You slept and it takes like three hours to get out of bed?

I relapsed last week and I remember this feeling when I first got sick. I have to do everything in my power to get up and eat breakfast. It is so hard! I remember having it for the first 6 months of the illness. I guess I did nto realize how much better I was feeling now that all of my old symptoms are back..

Boy I hope it goes away soon. I am so scared it is going to hang on as severe for another 6 months. I was doing so good!
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

Bummer! Relapses are miserable. Just when you start bellieving you can once again count on feeling human, these dd's strike again with a vengeance. You have my synpathy.
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Except for my very few 'good' days, I live with this symptom. I make do through the support of my wonderful partner who brings me coffee, toast and my pills each morning. I sit in bed with my heating pad and watch TV until I feel able to get up and going.

One woman on the board posted about having a small coffee machine on her bedside table so that she could have her coffee w/out getting out of bed in the morning.

I hope you feel better soon.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. peachrie

peachrie New Member

I have this too!

I am 20, and it's so frustrating. It's especially difficult when I have to get up for class and have to go to class for hours

You mentioned that you were feeling a lot better before you relapsed -- I was wondering what you were doing, and if you changed anything to trigger this relapse?

5. jane32

jane32 New Member

Well my body seemed to come out of it late last fall slowly then I really did not do much. I was getting treatment at the FFC and then took a really great turn for the better when I began to incorporate more mind body things like massage, meditation, healthy eating, acupuncture, etc.

Three weeks ago I went on vacation and could not do much so just really laid around. i think it was stressful for my body to be somewhere else. Then my father in law dies and for a good 6 days I pushed myself day and night. I had so much energy that I think I blew a fuse!!! So this is my first major relapse...and I am not handling it so well. It is so depressing.
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Try to relax if you can. I know that when we have a relapse, we get very anxious and remember what it was like at first. There is a reason for this relapse and it will pass, sooner than you think! You need more rest right now and you need to give yourself a little more TLC. All the good progress you have made is not lost. You will feel better soon.

Kathy.
  7. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

Getting out of bed in the morning is the worst! The very second I wake up I feel so lousy. Not only aching, but actually feeling nauseous (sp?), cramps in my stomach, unable or unwilling to move, talk, etc. It feels like I've lost my mind somewhere during sleep. I've tried to explain the feeling to so many doctors, but I've yet to find answers. After an hour or so I can bathe, get dressed and go about my day. It's those mornings that I dread so much and frighten me also cuz I don't have a clue what is causing it.
  8. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I'm in the middle of a huge relapse too, can hardly walk, lying down all day, can't sit here longer than a few minutes. You did too much, but who knew, right? Take care all. Later. Marie
  9. turtlelou

turtlelou New Member

I just recovered from a horrible relapse. I was down for about 6 weeks. the thing I hate the most is how slowly time passes. a relapse feels like one hundred years. one thing that really helps me is my husband always tells me, "you"ll get better." I say, " Are you sure?" He always says yes, and he is always right. I don't fully recover of course, but I do get some periods of energy. Stress totally makes me crash. Maybe you could start a notebook and keep track of what makes you crash. You can't really control many stressful things that happen to you, but at least you can kind of predict when one of those "bad boy" relapses is headed your way.
  10. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I can SO relate. This is my third major relapse in 6 years. My remission lasted 11 months this time, and 3 years the first time. My husband and I were supposed to be vacationing in Europe this week and next.

I am so discouraged. Had a major crying jag this afternoon. I takes so long to feel better again.

I am under the direction of a good doctor, I think. He is on the CFS Advisory Committee for the Dept. of Health. He believes in medications though, and not so much in natural treatments.

I am on Lunesta and a trial of 25 mg Lyrica. My doctor says he will get me back to work again.

He thinks that my case is viral due to HHV6. He says that usually relapses aren't as severe, and vulnerability decreases as time goes on if treated.

It's back to start again. It's comforting to know that I am not alone. I feel your "pain."

Just a word of encouragement, while I was in remission my husband and I went to concerts - Paul MacArtney, Bon Jovi, and The Celtic Women. I was tired, but rested well before and afterwards. I also vacationed in Florida, and worked full time. Remissions are great!

Cheers to remissions!

Hugs,
    Cherylsue
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2006]
  11. jane32

jane32 New Member

Thanks that is comforting (SO sad) to hear other people go through the same thign...but I hate to think that I am going ot be sick for 6 yrs.

All of my friends are living a normal life, 1/2 of them are pregnant for the first time living in a beautiful big house with awesome lives and I am stuck in bed and can't even sleep!

I just want to be normal. I feel like I am losing everything just slowly. I was just newly married before I got sick. it is amazing that my hubby even wants to stick around. I am no where near how I use to be.
  12. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i never know how i am going to be from day to day ,

i hate mornings untill i get up eat a banana and take my rx...

hope this gets past you fast...

p.s.
    your dh married you in sickness and in health.dont beat your self up over it, its not like you asked or wanted to be sick... just do the best you can when you can
  13. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Your vulnerability will decrease in time with managed care. Please look up Bruce Campbell's site on CFIDS Selfhelp. Also, William Collinge's excerpts from his book Recovering from CFS. Dr. Charles Lapp's "Dealing with Relapses and Flares" says it all in a nutshell. These are available online and are comforting reads.

Your relapse was triggered by stress, a loss in the family. You were not sufficiently recovered to handle it, and this raised your vultnerability.

This too, shall pass.

Hugs,
    CherylSue
  14. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

"Getting out of bed in the morning is the worst! The very second I wake up I feel so lousy. Not only aching, but actually feeling nauseous (sp?), cramps in my stomach, unable or unwilling to move, talk, etc. It feels like I've lost my mind somewhere during sleep. I've tried to explain the feeling to so many doctors, but I've yet to find answers."

That's exactly what I sometimes go through. I feels like being unconscious before, like just waking up out of coma.
  15. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'm sorry for the loss of your father in law.

It takes me one to two hours to wake up most days, and it's miserable. I don't have remissions though. I seem to be steadilly declining.
  16. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

Hi, I have been taking Ambien Cr and Klonopin at nite. Still waking up after 4 hrs of sleep Toss and Turn all nite. It is so hard to wake up befor 900 in the morning. I just got summoned for Jury Duty. Me Dr. wont give me a medical excuse. I dont know how im going to get up a 630 to catch a bus. Worried.

[ advertisement ]