Trouble getting turned on.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Irwin, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Irwin

Irwin New Member

Since I contscted CFS I have lost my interest in sex. My wife is upset since we no longer have a sex life. Has anyone else had this problem since being ill and if so, what can be done for it?
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

Please don't feel bad - I think most of us lost our "mojo". My husband is very supportive in this area, although I am sure it must be somewhat frustrating for him. Are you taking antidepressants? This is a common side effect.

2girls
  3. mersey_ferryman51

mersey_ferryman51 New Member

I thought it might make you feel a little better knowing you're NOT alone. As a man with CFS..... I KNOW the frustration you're going through!

Maybe you could tell your wife that another man in this forum has the exact same problem! At least she would see how serious it is, and that other men are in the same boat as you are!

My email address is posted in my profile...if you'd like to talk to a guy about this. I'm not an expert, but I'll try and help in any way I can.

Hang in there buddy!

Larry G.

Larry G.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Since using the human growth hormone stimulant, I've gotten my groove back. The problem is that I don't have anyone to groove with. On the other hand, I don't have anyone nagging me when I need to rest or when the place isn't picked up or when I don't feel like doing anything.

Love, Mikie
  5. Dlee

Dlee New Member

I'm in this boat too,I's so painfull inside outside.I just can't see doing something that will set me back 2 or 3 days.I love my husband dearly and he knows how painfull it is to just hold me at time,the fatigue with everything else I just don't know how much longer we will last.We should be enjoying our lifes together(in our 40's)Now i'm here can't work.Can't keep house anymore,not like I did.We don't don't the things we use too do(camping,races,boating,fishing,travel,clubs,not even going out to have just a drink,I use to could dance but no more) If I should have a burst of energy and go i't takes me a couple days to get over i't.So far he has been supported but I wonder how long and I've giving him a chance to leave if he wanted to at times when he gets stressed,because I can't deal with i't.I'f it dose happen I WILL SURVIVE.......Thanks For Listen...Donna
  6. Irwin

Irwin New Member

Mikie,

Tell me more about the human growth hormone stimulant that has stimulated your sex drive. What is it? Where do I get it? How much is the usual dose? Also what are the side effects? How safe is it?

Thanking you in advance for your response.

Irwin
  7. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I can definitely sympathize . . . I actually have the desire, but because of the immune system problems every time I try to have sex I get a severe urinary tract infection . . . I have SEVERE hypersensitivity to meds and last time I had to take an antibiotic I almost died . . . my husband is understanding on this regard, but it totally sucks and I know it bothers him but he doesn't say . . . plus I think the fact that I have a constant yeast infection is a big turn-off, too.

I hope some of the other advice helps! Terri