Trouble holding a book?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Jun 24, 2011.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Yesterday I posted about the "Book Seat" - my post was removed because I gave the url for it.

At any rate, you can google it by its name and find out how to order, Quanked did.

It looks like a good product as it acommodates books in different positions, so, from the photos on their site, it looks like you can be laying down, on your side, in various positions,AND manage to get your book at the angle you need.

And just for the record... I'm not affiliated with them in any way whatsoever, somebody posted about it on FB which is how I found it - and I'm just trying to pass on useful info.

all the best,
    Victoria
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you are doing well. I see how hot it is up there. It's hot here to but we usually have breezes and the rains have started. Last night, our electricity went out and I was reading by a little plastic camping lantern. You would laugh if you could see how clumsy it was to try to juggle the book and the lantern to get the light just right.

I have my Kindle and am considering getting the case with the light for it but I'll check this out too. I have so many friends who give me books that I haven't read on the Kindle in ages. We are all readers down here and swap books all the time. I like the Kindle because of the "ink technology" which makes it look just like a paperback printed page. It's not like trying to read from a computer page. Also, I can make it large print for these old eyes.

Take care.

Love, Mikie
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Also ran across this, courtesy of a friend... it's called Laidback Laptop, it's a device to hold a laptop easily if one is in bed, so it is at an angle that is easily readable... you should be able to find it by googling the name, not sure of the price tho.

Mikie, I bet the kindle would work well on that book rest too - that is a win-win situation for sure. Are you able to share books kindle-to-kindle? Or does everyone have to buy/download their own copy?

Nope I wouldn't laugh at all, I have had to juggle a book and lantern too many times LOL. For a while in Mexico our power was going out regularly with almost every storm (and it storms daily in rainy season). I found it's very worthwhile investing in a really good camping battery lantern for the best light, even if it is used infrequently it is invaluable when you need it!

We sure skipped over spring here in the south :( -but at least it's finally raining regularly! (with few power outages happily!)

all the best to everybody -
    Victoria