trouble keeping good bactria in balace-keep getting candida

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Norene, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Norene

Norene New Member

Have had problems with candida yeast for a long time but with the fibro.and cfs.it is hard to keep the good bactria in balance I try and eat right I have read Dr.Cooks book and have tried many natural stuff to kill the yeast.
    I did go to a lady that helped me to get rid of it then but money is a problem. So i'm tring to do just what I did before to get rid of the yeast but I wounder why I keep getting it ? Does any one know if there is other health reasons for this- I have heard that diabities can cause this but if your sugar levels are ok ?

Blessings,
    Norene
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I like the Jarro-Dophilus sold here. It contains millions of good bacteria which colonizes in the gut to restore balance. I was on antibiotics for 2 1/2 years and never had a problem with yeast or other fungi.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. wickett

wickett New Member

Noren, I get yeast in my mouth, and in the lower area. My sugar levels are allright. The inside is coated & dry patches, my tongue is raw! little inside cheeks the skin comes off. Clears up and comes back. My dentist was helping me, now he wants me to go to another dentist and have him scrape inside my mouth. I don't have any insurance. Iam using prevenative mouth wash for ppl w/sore mouth and rinse w/it 2 times a day. I also get really red cheeks the dermatologist wanted to have a biopsy done, thinking I have another tissue disease. Naturally no insurance so waiting to do that also. I think this postings help. Pain here and there, I thought I was crazy! I am on soc sec, finally. dont you think the hardest thing to do w/chronic pain is excersise?
    Hugs from wickett
  4. Norene

Norene New Member

Hi every one got a good book for you to read anyone that deals with candida - the book is called The Yeast COnnection by Dr. Crook
    If you are feeling sick all over, reading this book could change your life.
    It covers every thing you need to know on what foods to eat and how to prepair them and foods to stay away from and how to balace what you eat every day to stay healthy and how yeast can make you sick and all the symtoms of haveing it.

Also there is book written for Macrobitic cooking , by Shirley Gallinger and Sherry Rogers , MD.

Also finding what spices will kill the yeast so you can cook with them or use on food - cinnamon , oil of oregano will kill yeast . And that black peper is a mold funny the things you can find out , just a different way to eat and be healther .

May our Lord Jesus help us all !!!!!!!!!!!

Flower
  5. lisadot

lisadot New Member

Hi Norene,
    Geez, I've felt like I was the only one with yeast problems! It's one of the reasons I decided to seek out this board. Lots of times I haven't had the yeast infection, but it sure felt like it. It is a common symptom in diabetics, so I'm glad you don't have elevated bloodsugar levels. Also, they usually make sure it's not HIV, because it comes up with immune compromised people as a symptom as well.

I have used boric acid caps (vaginally) and they seem to help. You'd probably have to make them yourself. Strange treatment, but lots of people are successful using it. It seemed to help me for a while. I remember my OB/GYN painting me with gentian violet (which led to some funny "purple kitty" comments from my husband!)which is a really old treatment.

My gastro doc, just today, told me to take acidophillus caps three times a day for 2 weeks straight. I'll give it a go. I did buy that Dr. Crook book, but wow what a restricted diet. I guess I'd like to know from many people that it worked for them. I can lay off the bread, and cut down on sugar, but not completely. I guess I'm a weak person :eek:)

The times I felt I had a yeast infection, and I didn't was due to another problem I have called vulvodynia. I have that because of pelvic floor dysfuction. In other words, my pelvic floor muscles are too tight!I think it was brought on by stress and also being treated for vag infections I didn't have. I had the pain and itch, and the docs kept prescribing vag creams even though my tests were negative! It did me a lot more damage than anything else. Just a thought, unless you for sure see that nasty white stuff.

I hope I haven't grossed you out.

lisadot

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A good probiotic contains several strains of good bacteria in the millions per dose. The Jarro-Dophilus sold here is good and I've heard of good results with the Primal Defense brand. Taking probiotics is a good idea for everyone to prevent Leaky Gut Syndrome. Good health begins in the gut.

The book mentioned above is excellent and is considered a standard of info controlling yeast in the body. Yeast can cause a chronic stealth infection which operates freely in the body beneath the radar of the immune system. Changing one's diet is usually critical in controlling it.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie