Trouble relaxing muscles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nitalynn, Feb 27, 2003.

1. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Does anyone else find their muscles are all tensed up but have problems relaxing them and keeping them relaxed?
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

About nine months before my dx I began having some symptoms which my docs attributed to anxiety and depression. They included difficulty sleeping, inability to relax, increased fatigue, to name a few. Antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds didn't touch this stuff, but my docs still swore that was what was wrong.

I began getting massage therapy during this time and couldn't even stay relaxed until the end of the hour! Now that I am on pain meds and no longer working due to a combination of CFS/FM/NMH I am able to relax better. I did notice this week at my massage that I was tensing up again, though. It may be in part because I have been sick with bronchitis.

Barbara

I just read your bio and noticed you are from Mandeville. My brother lives in Covington. Small world![This Message was Edited on 02/27/2003]
  3. patchwork

patchwork New Member

but it improved a lot after about 2 months of taking a high dose of Magnesium. Ask your Dr to prescribe you the right type. I think it's also helped a little with P.M.S....
  4. JP

JP New Member

I wish I could say "relax, no problem." Even massage causes me additional pain. I am on 5 medications for assorted conditions and I am embarrassed to ask for a muscle relaxer to help with my muscle contractions. When I work on relaxing, my muscles contract and are quite active. The spasms wake me at times as well.

Hope you find something to help with relaxation.

Take care,
    Jan