Trouble Walking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Dec 4, 2006.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I am fairly new to my diagnosis. (June this year.) But, of course, I've had troubling symptoms and pain for a long time. One of those pains has been in my legs. My hip will get "stuck" when changing positions from sitting or standing or walking and my knee will occassionally get a sharp pain when changing positions or walking also.(One leg is predominantly having this trouble.) On really cold mornings I hurt more and if I have a longer distance to walk, I usually use a cane to help.

I'm wondering if this is common for Fibro OR am I starting to experience problems that are more arthritic and might lead to major hip problems later on.

Thanks for your input,
    Amy
  2. dellie

dellie New Member

I use a cane every day. I am unsteady on my feet and couldn't walk a straight line if I had to! I have Fibromyalgia and Arthritis but I think my problem with walking is more from Fibro than the Arthritis.

When it is cold outside or if I am tired, my symptoms seem to be worse.

I don't think I helped to answer your question, but now you know other people are having some of the same problems.

Have a good day.

Verdell
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I also have a cane. I have improved recently and have not had to use it much. But there are times when the Fibo is acting up that I have to use a cane. I am to unsteady and fall a lot. Also my joints begin to freeze if over exerted, cold or tired.

I have read many other posts on th board that discuss the trouble many having with their legs and walking. This is a common symptom from what I can tell.
  4. decrepitoldoot

decrepitoldoot New Member

Amy;
    You have described the exact same thing I experience and brain fog combined with the leg poblems have led to an end of my driving and job.
    I have not actually been diagnosed with FM but two therapists believe I have it. I'm just having problems finding a doctor that will handle it. Hopefully the one that called today will.
    Frank
  5. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

You're symptoms can be fibro but anytime I have a new or different symptom I go to the doc. Just in case, for a change, it is something they can help me with.

Unfortunately many, many tests for me have shown to be negative for something "treatable".

I have recently gone thru a series of tests on my bladder and it's negative so it's "one more thing" I have to chalk up to my FM.

Take care,
    Susan07