Trouble with Healing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janasw1, Mar 15, 2007.

1. janasw1

janasw1 New Member

Everytime I get any slight injury... sprained ankle, broke toe, even a pulled muscle or a little scratch...it seems like it takes FOREVER to heal or sometimes it just DOESN'T.

Is this normal with FM?
    Or is it just me?
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

3. tired2007

tired2007 New Member

I also feel this way. I sometimes feel like fingers are poking in my ribs just when I scratch an itch on my side. This lasts for 5-10 minutes. When I actually hurt myself (like you said, twisted ankle, etc.) it lasts forever or so it seems, to heal.
  4. roge

roge Member

same here

I believe this is common for FM and maybe even CFS.

I cut myself, and takes weeks for the cut to heal. Low zinc can delay wound healing and I know my Zinc recently was botom 10% of the range at 11 (10-20)

Likely low growth hormone slowing the healing process as well especially for muscle injuries

believe immune system plays a role in healing too, so likey dysfunctional immune system is an issue as well

peace
  5. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

Last week I feel over backwords in a chair that broke. The next day I could hardly walk to the bathroom. The first day I was in bed all day the second and following up alittle more. Felt like I was hit by a mac truck took a total of four days to be able to move without my muscles hurting terriblly. now just have a stiff neck hanging on.

SO YES it is normal to heal slowly. not fun.
    brenda

6. janasw1

janasw1 New Member

I may be an idiot but...what does "bump" mean??
  7. jaltair

jaltair New Member

"Bump" means that the post is "bumped" back up to the top of the message board. People do this to keep questions or concerns at the top of the board so they won't go unnoticed or unanswered or just because the post is interesting and informative, etc.

I think we've all asked that question at one time or another, it's not a stupid question at all!
  8. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I have noticed that it takes me longer to heal than it used to, also. I was wonderering if it had to do with FM/CFS, too.