Trouble with Opening and Closing Windows?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Risk, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Risk

Risk New Member

I know this may sound strange, but does anyone experience horrid muscle (burning, almost an anxiety type pain) in their neck, shoulders arms after either opening windows (I guess mine may be a little too heavy for me) or closing them? It sets me into a panic and I get so angry at myself. And sometimes the pain lasts all day.

I'm 49 not 99. I also just started back on Lexapro this week and I'm wondering if it's just exhausting my muscles. Forget the muscle tone, it's gone!

Just wanted to know if I'm the only person experiencing this.

Thank you.

2. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi, I thought I was only one with these problems. I try to open my wooden-framed windows daily and especially when they get stuck 1/2 way up I cannot finish to open them. I usually have pain in the arms and shoulders and wrists every time I open them. I was getting so frustrated with it and I'm 41 and discouraged.........
  3. Malcolm82

Malcolm82 New Member

It is like a burning/pain/extreme fatigue, and I HAVE to sit down right away because it feels like I'm going to pass out.

I don't get it from opening windows because luckily ours are the lightweight vinyl type. I usually get it after helping my wife bring the groceries in, or even after just coming into the house after getting out of the car.

It usually only lasts a few minutes, but I feel like I'm going to die while it is happening. The burning almost feels like the numbness that happens when my arm or hand "fall asleep". I figure it is a sudden low blood pressure/circulation issue.

I just now realized I have forgotten to mention this to my doctor.