True Story To Warm Your Hearts

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As some of y'all know, last July on my birthday, a lowlife hacker destroyed my hard drive with a virus. That was only three days before my Mom had her fatal heart attack. I cannot tell you how devastating all of this was for me.

Even out of evil acts sometimes good happens though. I got a wonderful new computer which I need for my camcorder/digital camera. It was after losing my Mom that I realized how important it is to preserve family images.

I gave my old computer to my next-door neighbor because I figured he would want my 17" monitor from it. He found the processor was better than his, so he swapped them out and he now has a faster computer with a bigger monitor. But wait; I haven't even gotten to the heartwarming part yet.

My neighbor hangs out at a little beer joint on the beach and he and his group of older men have a couple of dollar draws and discuss the world. All of them so look forward to it as many of them are alone and lonesome. Many are living on very limited means. They have their own table and there are getting to be quite a few of them.

One is a semi-retired professor with a PhD in computer sciences. He works part time at the local univ. He took my old computer with my neighbor's processor and my neighbor's old monitor. At the university, they were able to get it working again. They gave it to an older guy in the group who just lost his wife and is very lonesome. I don't think he has much money. He is now online and able to keep in touch with his kids.

I don't know why Satan always thinks he will prevail. God can turn even the meanest, sickest, and most evil acts into something that has far-reaching good because good people care. Bless my neighbor and his friend who went the distance to help their friend, and bless you all for bearing with this looooong post, but it took a little explaining. I hope it was worth the read.

We don't always have the opportunity to see how God works in our lives from one incident to another. I have been privleged to witness this from start to fabulous finish. I am so thankful.

Love, Mikie
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Mikie, I am so glad that you shared that story with us. I think that good and miracles do happen if we open our eyes and look for them. Good to see you looking so upbeat. I'll share the story of my nephew's pictures sometime. I think that you would be interested in hearing it.

Jude
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you do; I love these stories too.

Love, Mikie
  4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Mikie, it was worth the read. Thank you for reminding us that true goodness will prevail.
    God bless,
    Deena