Try my granola recipe!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Mar 4, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I make my own granola and love it. In fact, I eat it every day...can't do without it! Here it is:
    10 c. rolled oats (this is a big batch)
    2 c. raw wheat germ
    2 t. sea salt
    1 c. raw sunflower seeds
    1 c. hulled sesame seeds
    1 c. chopped walnuts
    1 to 1 1/2 c. grated, unsweetened coconut
    Mix in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the following:
    1 c. oil
    1/2 c. honey
    1 1/2 c. water
    1 T. vanilla
    1/2 t. maple extract (opt.)
    Add wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir until all is moistened. Bake on cookie sheets (ungreased) in a 330 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Let cool before storing in an airtight container. After baking, you may add dried fruit if you wish. It's very good with dried cherries!
  2. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Hi there
    I was wondering if you use the regular rolled oats or can you use the quick rolled oats. Also, do you happen to know how many servings and the nutritional information ie: calories, fat, carbs etc. It sounds very yummy.
    Thanks for posting
    Sandy
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I love granola, but I love granola bars even more.

Do you know how to turn this into granola bars?

jeanne
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks sooo much..I love granola..I am going to print it out..

SherylD
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I don't use the quick oats...they don't have the body. I use old fashioned rolled oats, medium thickness. I buy them bulk at the natural foods section. I'm not sure of any nutritional information on it, except that I reduced the original fat content by a third (originally, it had 1 1/2 c. oil in it). Probably if you put the oil in it and some additional honey, then pressed it into a cake pan, it could probably be scored and broken into bars after baking. I don't know...I never tried it. For me, this recipe lasts two weeks at about 1 c. a serving.