try the lightning process for free

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Bluebottle, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

I have very major misgivings about the way the Lightning process is marketed & the way it is promoted as a cure, but If you want to save $1,600 here it is for free:

How to do the LP

Mark a rectangle out on the floor or stand on a rectanglar doormat.

Note that it has four edges and four corners.

The far left edge is THE PIT - this is where we go when we are 'doing' ME...

Someone standing in the STOP position stands outside the doormat with their toes pointing towards the left edge. So they are at your left and facing you.

Someone in the CHOICE position stands at the front left corner of the mat, on the outside with their toes pointing towards the centre of the mat. So they are at the left corner in front of you and facing you.

Someone in the COACH position stands directly in front of you like a mirror image.

You will move through all these positions.

So the first step in the process is to recognise when you’re in THE PIT. Maybe sometimes or all the time

It’s important to recognise what you say to yourself as you go into the pit. For example “I’m feeling really ill this morning”, “if I do this, then I’ll get exhausted”, “last time I did this I got really ill for days”, “I can never eat this” etc.

This takes some practise but we were assured that you always say something in your head as you go into the pit.

As soon as you spot one of your “pit” phrases you want to STOP yourself right away.

So imagine you’re on the mat and you start to say “I feel really ill today”. Before you get to the end of this phrase you will interrupt with a very firm, loud “STOP” (yes, talk out loud to yourself!) and jump into the STOP position as described above. So you jump outside the mat, to your left.

Now you’re here you have interrupted your bad thought patterns. In NLP terms (this wasn’t taught in the LP course) I think this is called breaking state.

Now you move to the choice position (as above). So you move slightly to your left. Stand as if you’re weighing two things up in your hands. To your right is the pit and to your left is the coach’s position. So what choice will you make? Will you go into the pit and carry on with your old thinking? Will you do something different and move to the coach’s position.

Of course the idea is that you will do something different. It’s pretty important to be very firm about this choice and not just move on without thinking. You need to really mean it when you say you are going to avoid the pit. Uncertainly at the choice position can lead to you looping round the process without too much effect.

Once you’ve decided to do something different then step into the coach’s position. Now you imagine you are coaching yourself. So a version of you is in the middle of the mat and the coach (whose part you will play) stands directly in front of you and coaches you.

You need to write this in permanent ink on your mind: the first thing the coach always says is “well done”! He/she says it in a very enthusiastic and genuine way. (at this point you might want to pant like an excited doggy - oh sorry - I added that bit...)

The point is that you have made the choice to do something different and that is a big achievement and you should be praised for it.

Now step back onto the mat as yourself (i.e. facing the coach) and say, “thank you” to the coach and fully accept his/her praises.

Now back to the coach’s position and give yourself a little motivational speech. It can be something along these lines: I’m here for you every step of the way, I’m going to coach you all you need and I’ll never let you feel alone. I’ll be here to kick your backside when you need it, because I’m your coach. You’re doing really really well. Hang in there – you’re great!”

Then as the coach you ask yourself “what would you like?”

Now step back into yourself and answer the question. This could be one of a few things: energy, a comfortable back , to 'do' calm. There’s an endless list and you’ll choose the right thing for you at the time. It could be something very simple like “to go and chat with a friend”.

Then get back to the coach’s position and ask “how are you going to do that?”

The answer might be simple, like “phone up my friend Fred” or something. But let’s take the example of energy.

Here’s what you do…

Give your energy right now a rating out of ten.

You remember a time when you had lots of energy (if you can’t remember then imagine). Get really into this memory and make sure you remember it in minute detail – totally recreate it in your mind. What did you feel? Where were you? Who were you with? What did you see? Shut your eyes and totally transport yourself to that time. Feel that energy you felt then. Now when you’ve really got that feeling: imagine taking it and pouring it into yourself as you stand on the mat in the present time.

Remember also to position your body as you would if you had energy. (Poised and upright with shoulder back etc)

Now rate your energy again.

Anyway, that’s an illustration of the process.

One thing to point out is that the STOP at the beginning must be very firm. We had to do a hand signal (a bit like a policemen) to emphasise it.

The idea is that using the LP, we constantly start accessing good memories and then these become more easily accessible and the bad ones start to fade.

We’re kind of wiring up our brains to access positive things. Imagine that it’s like walking through a field of golden grasses. Our pathways to the bad memories (feeling sick and tired) are well worn but we need to let those grow over and walk some new pathways to more deeply buried good memories.

If we imagine things vividly enough then the subconscious cannot tell the difference between our imagination and real memories (apparently) so if we haven’t got the memories we need, then we just imagine them for the purpose of the process.

Gradually this process interrupts our stressful negative thoughts and the idea is that it breaks the adrenalin loop and adrenalin levels start to fall.

The key thing is that you must be totally consistent. You have to jump on every single negative thought and LP it right away. I think people can end up saying STOPs 30-40 times even in one morning.

OK - so now you can all try it. Be warned it has put people into major relapses, who have then been told they're not doing it properly..
  2. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

You know, find a tall tree in the middle of a thunderstorm and just wait for the magic!<BR>
    Seriously, why not try voodoo, witchcraft, Scientology, faith-healing, etc.?<BR>
    I remember when "Chronic-Fatigue Syndrome" was first trying to gain credibility among the medical establishment, and it's been a long uphill battle. I think any doctor seeing all the off-topic drivel being discussed around here would surely just roll his eyes bigtime!
  3. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

You know, find a tall tree in the middle of a thunderstorm and just wait for the magic!<BR>
    Seriously, why not try voodoo, witchcraft, Scientology, faith-healing, etc.?<BR>
    I remember when "Chronic-Fatigue Syndrome" was first trying to gain credibility among the medical establishment, and it's been a long uphill battle. I think any doctor seeing all the off-topic drivel being discussed around here would surely just roll his eyes bigtime!
  4. IanH

IanH Active Member

You mean like "adrenal fatigue"
  5. IanH

IanH Active Member

You mean like "adrenal fatigue"
  6. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

Yes, magic-words/rituals are in EXACTLY the same league as our stress-hormones . . . dude, you're like the Phantom of the Forum, lurking and sniping from the shadows, that's why I like you, man!
  7. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

Yes, magic-words/rituals are in EXACTLY the same league as our stress-hormones . . . dude, you're like the Phantom of the Forum, lurking and sniping from the shadows, that's why I like you, man!
  8. IanH

IanH Active Member

You could write a song about all the drivell.<BR>
    It is hard to refrain sometimes maybe my refrain causes me to lurk.<BR>
    Arrest me.
  9. IanH

IanH Active Member

You could write a song about all the drivell.<BR>
    It is hard to refrain sometimes maybe my refrain causes me to lurk.<BR>
    Arrest me.
  10. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

. . . .with incantations, reading tea leaves, trying to transmute lead into gold, sticking pins into CFS voodoo-dolls, and hiding from alien-abductors. Please continue your lurking, and DO try this "lightning" process, sounds wonderful, no?
  11. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

. . . .with incantations, reading tea leaves, trying to transmute lead into gold, sticking pins into CFS voodoo-dolls, and hiding from alien-abductors. Please continue your lurking, and DO try this "lightning" process, sounds wonderful, no?
  12. IanH

IanH Active Member

can you do some "remote" incantations for me?<BR>
    If I send you my effigy, can you stick pins in it - a sort of remote accupuncture.
  13. IanH

IanH Active Member

can you do some "remote" incantations for me?<BR>
    If I send you my effigy, can you stick pins in it - a sort of remote accupuncture.
  14. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

. . .working on the astral plane to heal other astral bodies for the low price of only $1600, will that be credit or debit?
  15. Ronaldo60

Ronaldo60 Member

. . .working on the astral plane to heal other astral bodies for the low price of only $1600, will that be credit or debit?
  16. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

thanks - its really very cool of you to give us this interesting information. so, of the people you know who tried it , what was the result?

the lp is totally a form of CBT. i think all of us can benefit from a good attitude, but i just dont see how LP can help those who truly have cfs/me. the lp would certainly help people who are sick only due to hypochondria or negative attitude. LP should be marketed to hypochondriacs, not cfs!!!

can you imagine if they tried to market LP to any other illness like aids, cancer, MS, autism, parkinsons, etc etc. people whould flip out!!!!!!!!!!

btw- the pant like a dog part was hilarious!!!!!!!!!

thanks again
    bigmama2
  17. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

And then I'd feel so bad and so devastated and so worthless and horrible about myself. OMG! Wait....STOP!!

Oh, there, I feel so much better. lol

Thank you. ;) I never saw this before. Wow... I'll have to think about this some more. Or not...

tee
  18. desertlass

desertlass New Member

to describe it for us.

Apparently, the only negative thought allowed in the program is "You failed and are still sick because you didn't do LP properly."

Interesting.
    Soul* likes this.
  19. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

Positive thinking by another name...

Apparently people who take the LP course are told not to tell anyone else what goes on behind the closed doors of the course. Of course they would say that wouldn't as they want others to part with several hundred $s and with no guarantee of success they simply blame the participant if they don't improve or get well, yeah right kick me as you pass !

Having said that it appears that the LP course has helped people who have become stuck in a psychological straightjacket but I've yet to meet any of them. One person I do know went on the course and raved about it but then admitted they were already cured before they went into the course, go figure....I hope the LP success percentages don't include such people but I somehow doubt it.

I have done CBT + exposure and it is a useful tool in helping someone handle a lot of different issues, including anxiety, depression, negative thinking etc. BUT like LP it does nothing in helping the individual get better when they have a known physical illness.
  20. cct

cct New Member

Hi Blue,

Thanks for giving us an idea how this process works.

I was wondering if it was some amazing new form of treatment. I can see from your description that it is just the same old information wrapped up in a new package!

cct
  21. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

Bluebottle,

Did you take the course yourself?

I've been interested and I cant imagine that is all there is ito it but if it is, I would like to know.

Thanks,
    Michelle
  22. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

QUOTE:
    "can you imagine if they tried to market LP to any other illness like aids, cancer, MS, autism, parkinsons, etc etc. people whould flip out!!!!!!!!!! "

You know, it's funny you should say that... I was talking to my local trainer a few weeks ago when I was considering doing it. Apparently, he's "working with a lady with MS" who has made "Significant improvements" - he's got her walking like, a mile or something ridiculous, and they've got this arrangement whereby if she continues improving they're going to do a 6 mile hike together or something... I mean... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also mentioned I was still waiting for my endoscopy results for coeliacs (-ve) and that if it was +ve I wouldn't need to do it... he said - "Oh, LP will help with that"

*insert more alarm bells here*
    I obviously said, like any sane rational person, that it can't, it's an allergy, it's in the gut.

I get the reply "oh, can't you cure an allergy?"

Well, no. That is why they are allergies. Not minor inconveniences that go away when you think about fluffy bunnies.

This guy seriously argued with me about this for ages... I'm thinking about complaining about him to Phil Parker's office. Either way, I'm not touching this treatment with a barge pole.
  23. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

I can understand why you would be sceptical. When someone first told me about LP I was really angry because I thought it was saying CFS was psychological. But it ISNT.<BR>
    <BR>
    Unless you actually do it or the Gupta programme then you shouldnt actually be critising it because you don't understand it. I have done both and although not fully recovered in 10 years of illness and spending thousands of pounds on other treatments this was the most useful thing. I personally have 2 close friends who have virtually had 100 % recovery using LP.<BR>
    <BR>
    Please don;t put other people off from trying something which yuo don't fully understand or have never tried yourself
  24. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

The members of my M.E./CFS who have done the LP have all relapsed very badly. They were told it was their own fault for not doing it properly & that was their only follow up. It costs about UK£700. <BR>
    <BR>
    I think that seriously ill people should be told both sides of an argument before spending so much money; there are plenty of anecdotal reports of 'miracle cures' by the LP (Youtube is plastered with them).These usually appear to be written by people who stand to benefit financially from this pyramid selling scheme, who do not always admit this. <BR>
    <BR>
    Vikki Rimmer had a letter extolling the virtues of LP in the UK national newspaper 'The Daily Mail' last year. She omitted to mention that she is employed as Phil Parker's press agent.<BR>
    <BR>
    There is no scientific evidence that the LP works & Phil Parker has no recognised medical qualifications.<BR>
    <BR>
    I hope that the Whittmore Peterson institute develop a diagnostic test for M.E./CFS soon so that claims of 'cures' can no longer be aggressively marketed without scientific evidence.<BR>
  25. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

do you have evidence that all relapsed? An article, or web site. I doubt everyone has relapsed. You've blasted it but have not shown anything scientific.
    <BR>
    I'm thinking of trying Mickel therapy which is somewhat the same but not sure if I want to pay unless it really works.

The theory of the hypothalamus always thinking it's under attack is true, that's why we have high cortisol levals, then burnout. LP, MIckel therapy all are based on this theory. Mickel therapy however, finds out what went wrong and gives you messages to get better. <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/18/2009</i>]
  26. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Perhaps you could point me to the scientific evidence that this expensive &amp; highly dubious process actually cures a serious neurological illness instead of calling me a liar. I haven't found any evidence at all , just anecdotal reports from people who turn out to be selling it.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
  27. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

Before I did the lightning Process 18 months ago I came on here and tried to find people who had done it. I didn't come across anyone who was just trying to sell it. I am feeling ill at moment and it hasn't been complete cure for me but I haven't been doing it consistently. However I would recommend LP to everyone or the Gupta programme which is similar. You don't really understand the concept. Its not trying to say CFS is all in the mind but its like our brain's wiring has become faulty through a virus and all the chronic stress having to deal with being ill.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Again unless you have actually done it yourself and understand it you are in no position to comment.&lt;BR&gt;
  28. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I think you're taking what I wrote all wrong, never called you a liar. I'm not saying it cures, I'm not saying it doesn't. I thought you were saying that 100% of people who do it fail, when you really said that people in your group fail. I appologize for misreading that.

&lt;BR&gt;
    I was just interested in scientific reports because i was thinkin of doing Mickel Therapy which is close to this and I'm not sure if it has enough sucess to justify me paying for it. I didn't ask for reports to dispute you.
    &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;[&lt;i&gt;This Message was Edited on 02/19/2009&lt;/i&gt;]
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/19/2009</i>]
  29. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

I've no intention of pouring hundreds of pounds into the pockets of people who I believe, after seeing how ill very the LP has made the ME sufferers I know who have done it, are marketing a scam wrapped up in psychobabble.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I can see that LP might just possibly help people with mild mental disorders, but ME/CFS is not a mental disorder. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I wonder why you are revising these year old posts. If the LP had worked for you then you would not now be doing the Gupta programme, which I believe is another cleverly marketed load of psychobabble that has absolutely no scientific evidence to support it. &lt;BR&gt;
  30. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

The last time i was on here...which was atleast 2 years ago because my profile said i was 26...and im now 28...i remember a group of posters that were into the LP. I have no problem with people that have found their own cure or &quot;semi-cure&quot; to these dd...but what i did mind was that they were terribly rude and secretive to anyone that wasnt involved in the LP. Now you dont hear about it anymore...and old posts are getting edited? If my fibro fog isnt too thick right now (LOL!) i think i even remember moderators having to totaly delete whole treads back then. To each their own but dont be rude and secretive...if people are going to talk in the open on something...especially a public forum in front of hundreds (i think!??) of members who are looking for hope of relief or a cure and this group of people rudely ignore anyone that is not part of their group then they need to go talk elsewhere....SORRY!
  31. Quite frankly, it's just an attempt to brainwash people into thinking they're well. I can imagine it probably does have a bit of a placebo effect at first, maybe that's a hook, but after a while doesn't that approach sound almost cult like?&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    It's very sad for people to be taken advantage of like that and alas we all know how desperate ME/CFS patients can get.
  32. vivian53

vivian53 Member

&lt;BR&gt;
    Our illness are NOT caused by our emotions and thoughts but they can be exacerbated by them.This LP, which I have not heard of until now, sounds like cognitive behavioral therapy or rational emotive therapy. Our brains are powerful, sometimes if we tell ourselves over and over that an event will be awful and terrible, it will be. Yes in a nutshell, as someone else correctly stated, this is the power of positive thinking and it's effectiveness has been researched out the wazoo for many years.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    This stuff is no secret and I see no need to spend a small fortune on skills that can be learned from a book or a good psychotherapist. These are coping mechanisms, not cures. I find using RET to be very helpful in my life, keeping things in their proper place so to speak.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Does anyone remember the expensive, secretive, cultish and ineffective but popular program called &quot;est&quot;? SSDD IMO.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Ditto Kina.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    vivian
  33. josbutterfly

josbutterfly New Member

I am qualified psychiatric nurse and also have a degree in psychology and training in CBT. I took the LP for severe M.E./CFS and got completely well. In my view, with the knowledge I have from my psychology training, LP is much more than CBT, it combines a number of different approaches. I know it does not work for everyone - and what approach can say it is 100 % effective? - but I think it is important that people are given a balanced view on LP rather than just hearing from those for whom unfortunately it has not been helpful. I have 4 friends in person who have been massively helped by LP for ME including very long term and fibrmyalgia. I also know a number of others through fb who have had brilliant results too. &lt;BR&gt;
    LP is usually not successful if just practiced from reading about it as the benefit of having a practitioner is to give individualised advice as to how to apply LP in your particular circumstance. I actually read an article about LP (before doing the course) and had massive improvement by follwong what it said but then a relapse because I had not got the appropraite guidance as to how to apply the ideas. After doing the course I have been completely well with no symptoms of ME at all over the past 18 mths and I am completely confident in this continuing&lt;BR&gt;
    By the way, I have no financial gain to make from promoting LP (as suggested in a previous post that people who say good things about it). I have no benefit in sharing my story other than a desire to share the good that has happened in my life as a result of LP.&lt;BR&gt;
    As I say it will not work for everyone but it certainly worked for me and for the people I know &lt;BR&gt;
    praying for everyone on the chatroom to find the right way to recovery for them
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 04/18/2013</i>]
  34. josbutterfly

josbutterfly New Member

totally agree M.E. is NOT a psychological disorder. it is a complex multi - system physiological disorder. LP considers it a physical disorder. I wasn't taught anything on my course that conflicts with that