Trying a different sleep combination

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Sep 9, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

How many of you take a muscle relaxer and benzodiazopine for sleep? I tried the trazodone that didn't work. I was already on the lorazepam and that helps to some extent. Now I'm supposed to be trying the Skelaxin I can tolerate and the lorazepam kind of together at night. A hour or two apart from each other. I take the muscle relaxer first and then the lorazepam an hour or two later. Anyone doing this?

GBHope
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Just bumping back up.
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

My doc won't allow me to take too many muscle relaxers, because of the other meds I'm already on.

What I take is topamax, klonopin, doxepin and methadone at night. That is probably enough to put a horse to sleep! HA. But it doesn't always work for me, and there are nights that I DO wake up with some spasms going on.

Then, I get up and take a vicodin, and a zannaflex. That will get me to sleep in a jiffy, but I don't like the weird dreams, or the hang-over feeling the next day.

I say, 'whatever works'! Good luck! PG
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

isn't it?

GBHope
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

GBHope,

First I tried the generic Flexeril before bed and that did not help that much. However, when I started taking the generic Klonopin (both together) about the same time at bed time it has really helped. You might want to try it but as you know we are all different?

Good luck. Let me know how things are going?

God bless,

Granniluvsu (Marilyn)
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

The Skelaxin is like Flexeril (muscle relaxant) and the klonopin is about the same as lorazepam. I'm glad this worked for you. What dosages are you taking of the generic Klonopin (clonazepam)?

GBHope