Trying not to freak out . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lolee, Jan 20, 2006.

1. lolee

lolee New Member

Ok, so yo'all know I found this wonderful pain doc, who is pretty sure that I have several pinched nerves: losts of pain (uhm, ok, DUH) no reflexes in my left leg , etc,etc.

So I was just in there for my first appointment on Jan 12th. He ordered an MRI, cervical and lumbar, insurance would only approve one, so he chose lumbar do to the foot drop, reflex biz, okay, cool.

Well, when I saw him last week he gave me a follow up appoint ment for Feb 13th and said, this would give him time to review the MRI and that we would go over everything then, but if I needed anything to just call, okay, cool.

Well, his office just called and said the doc wants to see me next week (3 weeks early) to go over this MRI.

That makes me think there really IS something wrong??

Which I kinda expected but know I'm geeken out!

Would you all think the same thing? Or am I just being a big baby?

Lolee
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I think we all do that..
    Hopefully you will find out what is going on and get on some kind of treatment plan that will help. I mean obviously something is up or you wouldn't have gone in for the test.. does it mean it's fatal???? NO!!

Try and relax till the appt.. I know.. easier said then done..
    hugs!
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This may be good in the long run. Maybe he has found out what is really wrong and you will be on the way to getting it fixed much quicker!

Take it easy and let us know.
    Kathy.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Office called and said Doc wants to see you earlier than appt. like you it was about three weeks early. I asked the receptionist, Is there anything wrong and she said, I'd have to discuss that with the doctor. I scared myself to death, and three days and sleepless nights later I went to see him and there was nothing really too bad and I asked why he had asked to see me early and he said "Oh, if they changed your appt. it is because I rebooked my vacation".
    I could have strangled the receptionist as she really could have said that up front. I think she just took delight in scaring me. Anyway, I would just call and ask if there was a reason for pulling forward your appt. as you are worried, OR just leave it till you go. Let us hope he has found what is wrong and wants to start treatment early, or just as above.
    Love Anne
  5. lolee

lolee New Member

I SO appreciate the responses!!

When I asked her she just said he wanted to go over the MRI results, and that he wasn't in the office right then anyway.

I guess if it was like SUPER serious he'd have me in today!

But you're right it is a little scary, and I guess I'm just dreading the weekend! Talk about finances (referring to an earlier post by one of us) my phone got shut off so I can't even go on-line to "talk" with ya'all!

Right now I'm at work and my boss is not a micro-manager, well actually I'm salaried so as long as I get my job done he doesn't care what I do . . . .

well, I'll try not to worry and like you said, I'll try and remember that this is a good sign that I'm on the right track????

Love you so much!!!!

Lolee
  6. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I also think it's a good sign, because it's not like like the appointment is going to make something that isn't there right? Whatever is wrong, is already wrong, and it's only going to find out what's wrong in order to help you feel better and in less pain. Does that make sense? I'm feeling groggy and trying to communicate.

I'm so glad that you are getting the help you need! That's awesome! I wish you all the best. Take care this weekend and just keep reminding yourself that you are okay and that the appointment is a good thing. You are not a baby, you are naturally concerned.
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I had a nurse actually tell me once that I had diabetes, and I didn't and don't.

I was so scared and when I went to the doc, they said I didn't have it.

You know there is something wrong or your foot wouldn't be dropping, but don't worry yourself if you can help it.

Maybe it can be fixed.

Hugs.
    Kendra