Trying Seems Useless! I Need Your Support-To Everyone Who Wrote

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anakinkaid, Feb 2, 2006.

1. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

I am alive because you cared and you wrote. These last days have been some of the darkest of my life. I reaches out a hand and called for help. And YOU were there. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone in this pain and confusion.

I now see that one of the worst parts of this illness is isolation from belief: belief in one's self, belief in others. It is so hard to believe in anything-health, recovery, even Love-when the pain eats away at you each day.

But the truth is I'm not alone BECAUSE you understand. I never thought the internet was of use except for information. But now I see a community of us linked, not by pain, but by understanding. Thank you for your understanding...and tonight, for my life. None of us can live alone-we all need each other.

Ever,
    Ana

P.s. Tomorrow I'll try to post a recipe-health willing. Maybe some of you could try it out and let me know if it is worthwhile.
    Ana
  2. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

i felt the same way when i joined, i have topics & off topices that my friends here have helped me with, as i try to reply to everything that I can , i can get cuaght up in the board, and spend hours here, but then fell guilty becuase my kids. So i try to spend more time with them too.

I now get on here mostly on weekends and after their in bed.

Remember that i do care, i am here, and if you ever want to talk to me,I am here often as possible

Have a good night!
    luv saph
  3. MKlady

MKlady New Member

it helps to retrain your brain to think positively and say (outloud) STOP to any negative thinking. There are a wealth of books out there on positive thinking, affirmations, etc. I love Amazon - they deliver!!

Glad we are all here to help encourage you. I know about those dark days ...

Mary
  4. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

Wow! who would have thought a few years back that you would be making the best friends in your life over the internet!

God Bless you ALL!!!
    Sheri
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It is great you are here. We all have had dark days and it is a blessing to be here for each other. I agree, isolation is a very real part of this illness.

I have come to the conclusion I refuse to be isolated anymore. I just can't do it and refuse to anymore, no matter what.

Take care
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

You are a dear person here.
  7. code34me

code34me New Member

This site is the best med I have ever found for my FM/CFS. The best thing for me is to know I am not alone in this. I start to feel scared and I come here and all these people feel the same. It makes me feel that I am not deathly ill and will survive when I see others have the same pain and symptoms that I do! It is like mental medication here for me. Right now it is 2:27 am and can not sleep (restless legs) So got up for a bit walked around and came to puter like a friend is there at all times! Thanks all from your friend Codey
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I didn't see your original post, but glad you are doing better. I think all of us here have had our dark days in dealing with pain and other symptoms. I have several health problems including FMS, which is overwhelming at times.

I firmly believe that I wouldn't be doing as well as I am if this board wasn't here. I have checked out other message boards, but I think this one is the best by far. It certainly is the busiest.

Ellen
  9. lin-z

lin-z New Member

Right back at ya "sistah"

linz
  10. kch64

kch64 New Member

I hope you're feeling better emotionally.

Hugs.
    Kendra
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We have a great resource here with the friendship, concern and knowledge we can share with each other. I'm looking for your recipe- take care of yourself! Terri
  12. deb06

deb06 New Member

Thank you for letting us all know that we can be of some use to someone else also. You just made us that did write to you feel worthwhile. I spend alot of time feeling worthless- which adds to the depression. I loved working and doing and that is how I got my self esteem. It is much more important to know that you can make a difference in a persons life. Remember, you are never truly alone. Jesus is only a breath away and loves you so much he died for you and all of us. Luv ya, deb
  13. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

What a sweet thing to say.I agree the support here is great and life saving.Being isolated from others is so hard and does a number on your emotional health.

I look forward to a good recipe.I have one to share.It was my grandmas recipe for fried apple pies.Very easy.

Use a tart apple...I use granny smith
    get about ten
    peel and cut up in small pieces
    put in deep pot add 1 cup sugar,3tbs. cinnamon,1 stick of butter and cover the apples half way with water
    cook slowly and stir often
    the apples will break down and make a tastey apple sauce

I use butter me not biscuits to make pie
    put some flour on a flat surface
    roll out biscuits with flour on both side
    get as flat as you can
    put apple sacuse in the middle
    fold over and pinch put side with fingers
    fry in a pan that is half full of oil
    they brown up fast

now that is some tood eatin

And low fat....LOL!