Trying to change my diet...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pands45, May 13, 2003.

1. pands45

pands45 New Member

I would like to know what I should stay completely away from, such as, chocolate, sugar, caffeine. If I do completely stop, how long will it take before I start feeling better? Will I have more energy? How about less fatigue? I am on Zoloft 150mg, and Amitriptylene 10mg. Right now my biggest problem is sleep. I am used to my aches and pains. But my mood swings have been terrible lately. I am driving my husband nuts. Hoping I can change something before I go more crazy. Thanks Sherri:)
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

Changing your diet in the beginning can seem very confusing, you'll get lots of advice and lists of what, and what not, to eat.

A very good start would be to drop all foods containing sugar, refined carbohydrates, stimulants (like coke, chocolate, coffee) and the bad fats..

Try to eat plenty of veg, but don't eat fruit for a few weeks then try it out.

Many people here have reported that a high protein low carbo diet helps, but don't start this until you find how much a good diet generally helps you may not need to go this far.

If you go to the top of the message board page you'll find the search box. Use this to get further info but take it slowly. Too many sudden changes, and that includes diet, tend the stress the body, causing more problems than gains.
    It can seem very confusing at the start so take it all slowly. See what makes sense in view of your particular symptoms and the way your body feels.

Sleep wise you'll find lots of info too. No one thing works for everyone but ZMA might be worth looking into.

Mikie has posted some really good info about that.

Cheers

Tansy

3. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

This is just to encourage you in making this change. It will seem as though you are deprived at first, but if you stick with it you will see some improvement in how you feel, though I can't say how much of course. My diet is almost the only real change I've made, but it has made a difference. My energy level is much steadier, not so many ups and downs. Cut out sugar and caffeine completely. That alone will feel better!
    Madelyn