Trying to Conceive WITHOUT Fibro Meds... Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cynthialyn219, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Cynthialyn219

Cynthialyn219 New Member

Hi All,

I recently tapered myself off of amitriptyline and Lexapro, as they are Category D and C for pregnant women. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on meds or supplements that are safe to take when you are pregnant or trying to conceive?

I am having a hard time managing my FMS symptoms without meds,despite good exercise and nutrition habits. I'm constantly feeling like I'm getting the flu (but low temp. around 96 degrees), my anxiety has increased, and my sleep quality has dramatically gotten worse. Any suggestions or advice would be extremely helpful!

Thank you!
  2. calgarychris

calgarychris New Member

HI There!

Just wanted to let you know that I had three healthy beautiful baby boys on the following medications: Zoloft(AD), Imovane (for sleep), Rivitril (for anxiety) and I continued with my pain meds as well (That was a personal choice between my doc and myself) My third son, who is just a year old now and sooooo cute if I do say so myself did have to go on Morphine, at a very low dose, when he was born. I felt so guilty but I have to say the nurses and doctors were incredible to me about it...they even said they had to make up a new protocol for this situation because of all the moms that have chronic pain. Anyways, hope it helps and have fun!

Chris
  3. Cynthialyn219

Cynthialyn219 New Member

Thank you calgarychris! Your post gives me hope!