trying to deal with a loved ones depression

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cmm214, Aug 29, 2006.

1. cmm214

cmm214 New Member

I've been by his side now for a year in a half. During this time I've seen him through a divorce, a horrible settlement(which didn't go his way whatsoever)and just when I thought the hardest part of all of it was done... Now he's depressed about all he lost, doesn't want to do anything or be around anyone but me, he's not hisself at all. I need some advice because I'm so afraid that if I can't help him or get him help it's going to ruin us!!
  2. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

I suggest you get him in to see a doctor. You might have to be tough about going. I know when I got all depressed my family made me go to the doctor and get happy pills. I am glad they made me go! Hang in there!!!
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Hes gone threw some life changing things .Do not take no from him you both need to get to a Dr.

I think its harder for men to talk about this but he needs to get help before the stress ends up doing something worse like heart attact.
    good luck ,be strong
  4. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

You are being such a wonderful friend and companion. But, I too, hope he is getting professional help. This will be best for him and easier for you.

This is such a serious situation and I'll bet you can both use assistance here.

Best of luck to you both,

Arlene
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

is a disease, and it needs treatment. Therapy and medication and Emotions Anonymous made me much better.

No, they don't cure, but the improvement is tremendous. Just grab him by the collar and drag him to the doctor. He'll thank you later.