Trying to figure out my symptoms,if you have swollen glands pleas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BrendaBoo, Oct 22, 2005.

1. BrendaBoo

BrendaBoo New Member

I have been to many many Dr.'s over the years for all my symptoms(like many of you).Finally this summer I went to the Cleveland Clinic and was diagnosed with IBS,FM,post tramatic stress,Cronic pain but none of the Dr.s have found out why I have swollen glands in my neck and underarm(right side only) and alot of pain in face /head /neck /throut/right side only,but recently starting on left side of face too.
    This is all new to me but have been reading other posts and researching on my own.Now am I right that CFS has the swollen glands as a main symptom???
  2. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I have notice that an antibiotic will stop the gland pain. But, I can't take antibiotics all the time. When I am not taking an antibiotic the pain is always there.
  3. meinpain

meinpain New Member

You are right...sorta...swollen glands is one of the major symptoms of cfs. And yes mine are swollen in neck, underarms and in the pelvic region. When they start swelling and hurting, I know I'm in for a cfs flare. That's when the main cfs symptom comes in..the constant un-natural fatigue.

Sometimes an anti inflammatory will help the glands, not always, but sometimes it will. At least it will reduce the pain some.

((BrendaBoo)) I really understand how you feel.

Meinpain
  4. BrendaBoo

BrendaBoo New Member

I am so med sensitive I can't take the antinflamitory(spelling?)drugs.
    In fact I am getting steriod shots in my back ,I have had 3 and each one I get the side effects are worse,thrush,bleeding and kida have been having chest pains.
    Really not feeling well lately,sick of Dr.s looking at me as though I am making it all up and so tired of taking all the meds and really can't afford them.
    Sorry, I know most of you all are feeling the same or some of the same.Not handling it very well this week.
    I really am missing my son he is in the Army,he is not really in harms way at this time,he is doing his AIT training(schooling),but I am just heart sick I miss him so much.
    So sorry just needed to vent.
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Maybe you have an underlying or Stealth Virus?? Maybe Mikie will repond on this. Try Googleing Stealth Virus! Take Care! Lynn
  6. angeldust

angeldust New Member

Swollen glands have been a major problem for me for the last 3 years, try lolive leaf extract its the only thing that works for me.
  7. auntcon

auntcon New Member

Oh my neck hurts today... feels like my normal sore throat has taken over my whole neck!

hope you find something to help.

I'm sure missing your son isn't helping your stress level.
    Stress will set me off so fast
    (...THIS TO WILL PASS...--my favorite Bible verse ;-D
  8. uis

uis New Member

I too have swollen glands in my neck, right side and in my groin area, left side. I tell my Dr's but they say, "alot of people have swollen glands all the time. How helpful.
  9. virgo_karen

virgo_karen New Member

in the back of my neck, underarms and above the breast bone. The ones in the back of my neck gives me very bad headachs and the other ones are just plain uncomfortable. I didn't realize that other people had this too. And when I think about it, when they do flare up as they are now, I have sleeping problems. I didn't know it had anything to do with CFS, I haven't been diagnosed with CFS. Think I might should talk to the dr about it. Good posts, thank you.
    Karen
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I have swollen glands in my neck--in my parodid (?sp) glands--under your ears. This is due to Sjogren's Syndrome, which is a "side" disease to lupus. They will swell and make my teeth hurt and well as my ears hurt.
  11. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Is there a test for this disease? I have all the symptoms of this SJ Sybdrome but havent been tested for it. All my doc says is dows yourself with water and use eye drops for the constant dryness in the eyes. My tongue is all wierd looking and feels odd as well. As though Im drying up in places where I shoudlnt be. I drink lots of water but still it doesnt help. Im more worried about the way my tongue feels and looks. I noticed my teeth are changing as well. Something is terribly wrong adn I feel as though the docs are too pase about it all.

T~
  12. michella

michella New Member

I have CFIDS, and yes, tender and/or swollen lymph glands is very common. Especially during flares. The most common places being under the ears, under the arms and on each side of the groin(where your leg meet your torso)In fact mine have been swollen and painful all this week under the ears, above the collar bone, and my left groin area( I tend to be a left sider). Under your ears can make your ears feel full of pressure. Above your collarbone makes your throat feel constricted. Under your arms can sometimes feel like breast pain. For a long time I thought I had Ovarian problems due to the groin lymph glands. Swollen glands is a signal for me to stop everything and rest. I treat myself like I have the flu-stay home in bed, keep out stress,vit. C, and lots of fluids(especially chicken broth).I've heard it said that CFIDS has a much higher success rate if the patient gives intensive rest priority right at onset. I wish I had known that. Pushing yourself could cause irreversable damage at any point. I try to keep that in mind when I feel rebellious.
  13. june-bug

june-bug New Member

I dont have CFS I have FM. When I read your line about head/neck/face pain on one side and recently starting on the other, I had to reply because those are my most bothersome symptoms also. The pains in my face are burning nerve type pains. The glands on my neck are swollen and the ones by my parotid make my hearing screwy, infact I wonder if they were related to my parotid gland cancer 7 yrs ago? I even have a swollen lymph node on the back of my scalp near my left ear. My worse side is the left side. INTERESTING SIMILARITIES.
    JUNE-BUG
  14. Beadedbeauty

Beadedbeauty New Member

Pain under my left ear..kinda swollen.
    I experience tight jaw daily and I use my massager wand nightly to loosen up my jaw and the pain in my neck.
    BB
  15. Mymolly

Mymolly New Member

They did not diagnose CFIDS for you at Cleveland CLinic? I went there for 3 days in 1989 and they did not believe in the disease then. I have had CFIDS - the classic symptoms- for almsot 20 years and I thought by now those people at Cleveland CLinic would be a LOT smarter! They told me I was depressed and gave me prozac! I was depressed because I was sick!!!