Trying to get psyched up for trip to Vegas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hermitlady, Sep 26, 2006.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Friday my hub and I are going to Vegas to meet my sisters and hubs for my BIL's 60th bday. We actually have childcare lined up for 2 nights, which is extremely rare for us. I just keep worrying that I'm going to feel so bad that I won't have the energy to have fun.
    I guess all I can do is rest up during the week and hope I get revitalized at the sound of the slot machines! LOL

Wish me luck.........Hermit
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Have a great time!!!!Good luck!!!!!
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

How exciting. I have been to Vegas twice and love it. Make sure you have your comfy shoes.

Were are you staying? Have you ever been there before?

When I went in 2001 I was starting to have the chronic fatigue and jet lag too. But I forced myself to do and see everything I could.

There are so many things to see and do it really is hard to decide what to do in 2 days- whatever you do just take lots of pictures and enjoy every minute of it.

I just took a 10 day trip and drove 1400 miles alone with my dogs. I really can not beleive I did it and still feel good.

Before I left, I prayed for the strengh to get threw the ordel of having all my teeth pulled, spend time with my family and go out of my way to 2 stained glass factories to buy glass and make it home safely.

I got home last night and feel good, I have been going threw mail, unpack, laundry,ect.

Tell yourself you are going to have a great time and feel good doing it. You will be amazed at how it works, especially when you are with other people. It is just 2 days, make the most of it-Carla
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Hey my name is Karla too.....with a K. LOL

I love stained glass...I haven't actually made anything in 2 yrs, but I have a big window for my bedroom that I'm in the middle of making. How cool it must have been to go to a glass factory. I love all things glass!

I keep telling myself that I need to get back to this hobby....just have to clean out my shop first....spiders have some nice webs out there and everything is covered in dust!! I have a fully equipped stained glass shop, did a lot of work a few years ago.

Glad to hear you had a good trip, I'm looking forward to the weekend. We live only 4 hrs from Vegas and have been many times. Going to see a show at the MGM and we're staying at the Hilton. My dh and I love to gamble...slots for me, blackjack for him.
  5. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

$10 on 9 Red!! (Ha! Ha!)

Have a wonderful time and leave the pain behind.

What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!

Eileen

6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

maybe I'll give Roulette a try this time! LOL
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

It's nice to meet another artist here. I have not made any glass in almost a year.

I have been remodeling my bank repo I bought 3 years ago.

See my profile and it will tell you how to find my website and see what I do. Maybe it will inspire you to get the cleaning rags and shop vac out. I still in the middle of finishing my studio room in my house.

I wish I had a full working shop, it is a shame for it to sit and gather dust. I know, my stuff has collected a lot of dust this year. But now with my new glass I'm ready to get started.

Do you have photos of your work. I see you are fairly new here, it is very easy to post pictures.

I have had my share of downs with CF, housebound for months at a time, barey functioned. Then I come around and almost feel cured at this time. I just pray I can continue on as I have the last month or so.

Sounds like a great time in Vegas, sometimes when we are down doing something like this it can jump start us back to feeling better. Have a great time-Carla
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I don't have any digital pictures, I need to do that. I have made many things for gifts, only have a couple of pieces that I've actually kept. I'll try to photo some things to show you.

Good for you on feeling so great....keep it up, whatever it is!!!

xxxooo Karla