Trying to get through each day

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by readalot, Oct 21, 2004.

1. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I still have a job. Things are still looking scary. But things look favorable for me. I hope so. The co-worker who has been talking negative about the job, and about lay offs have not let up on it. I came close to give her a piece of my mind. But nicely. Do pray that things will get better. I am taking one day at a time.

I haven't felt up to doing much. I had 4 days off, and still haven't got my place cleaned.

I need to find another church to attend, but I haven't felt up to dealing with it. It is easier just to stay home.

I pray that the Lord will be with you all concerning your needs. Life can be quite a battle. Still trying to make sense of what I am going through.

May God bless you all, and keep you each day.

readalot
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Glad you still have a job. Trust in God and he will continue to take care of you.

You mentioned you need to find a church. I'm in the same boat. I've tried.....it was too large and after more than 2 years of going to it and NO ONE talking to me, I decided I could just stay at home. I feel pretty awful in the mornings usually but I do listen to Christian programs on the radio and the internet. Have you tried the internet. If they are on radio you can usually find a pastor on the net also.

You're right.....life can be a battle....daily.

God bless you.
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Still sending prayers up for you. I`m glad your job situation is looking a little more stable for you. Praying that it will stay that way and that you will feel better soon.

Love,
    Sandy
  4. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I lift up readalot's job situation. Give her a calm spirit and the ability to work without fear of losing his job. Protect her from the negativity of her co-worker

Lead her into finding a good church and just making it through the day to day things she must attend to.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  5. readalot

readalot New Member

Thanks for praying for me, and your replies. I got through this week. We were kept busy at work. So it looks like there will be work next week. All I can do is trust the Lord, and take one day at a time. Still getting the negative talk, but she has cut down on it. I was told that her live-in boyfriend has a good job, so it won't affect her as much as me, and others struggling from paycheck to paycheck.

My ssdi claim is still pending. The wait is hard on me. I hope and pray that I will get a favorable response soon.

I don't know when I will be looking for another church. I have alot to deal with right now. I had been disappointed so many times in the past. So right now, it is best to stay home, and keep up on my study, prayer, and Bible reading time. Thanks for the idea of radio and internet ministers. I haven't looked into it. There is a Christian radio station that can be picked up in the town that is about 20 miles away. but can't pick it up here. TV preachers, I don't know. They seem to be well off, and asking for money.

Thanks again for your prayers. I pray that things will be better in your lives. May God bless you, and keep you each day.

readalot
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

names that I enjoy listening to and get so much from. You can look them up on google and then find their website to listen to on the net.

Greg Laurie, David Jeremiah, Charles Stanley, Adrian Rogers. There is a main website that has everyone alphabetically. Try to find some of these. I'll be praying for you.