Trying to think positive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritatheresa, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Hi all, hope everyone is as well as can be.

I posted yesterday, thank you so much for the responses.

I was complaining of horrible fatigue, it really is awful.

Anyway, today I took a good look at my life and I really do have so much to be grateful for.

I have a roof over my head, and just when I think the sh-t is gonna hit the fan financially I usually can find a way.
    I'm going to be applying for Long Term Disability, yikes!!!

These last couple of months have been really scary, basically I came to a point where I knew work was no longer an option. Very scary choice, but also very liberating.

My family thinks I'm crazy, I just wish they could understand what I've been going through.

My greatest motivation is my daughter and yet she can be a real b-tch!!!! She doesn't understand why mommy wants to sleep so much. She gets really upset and frustrated.

I know in my heart I am doing the best that I can, the guilt can be overwhelming.

I believe God has brought me this far and as long as I put my life in his hands he will always take care of us.

Yes, things could be much better, but they could also be much worse. Today I'm choosing to replace fear with faith.

God bless you all, be well, Ritatheresa
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I read your profile and just had to write...

I was born and raised on Long Island so a BIG HUG from a fellow NYer...

I am happy that you are taking control of your 'outlook', sometimes I am reminded that the mind and the thought process can be half the battle with all these dd's...

It's nice to remember what it is you have to be thankful for even though we know the times will come when we will have those other thoughts...Try to keep up the 'happy thinking'...

Wishing you Peaceful Days~Alicia
  3. sdown

sdown New Member

God bless you to. I try real hard to have your perspective on life as well. Im grateful to have a healthy husband and son. Its important to have a positive attitude. You take care now.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Ritatheresa:
    Hello from another New Yorker. I am in Manhattan.
    It is definitely scary to quit work for good.
    I remember the day I did it. I walked out of the job and swore that was it. I got divorced due to these disorders and ended up with alimony and SSD.
    It is scary. Replacing fear with faith is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan