tsh out of control

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by thingswithwings, Dec 11, 2002.

1. thingswithwings

thingswithwings New Member

I was diagnosed w/ hypo thyroid in 1999 my tsh was 56 well it is now 4 years later and I am still trying to get it stable. I started out on 25mg of levoxyl well every time I would get stable for some unknown reason my numbers would jump up. to make a long story short I am now taking 250mg
    yes that is correct 250 mg of synthroid. No one seems to know why my Tsh keeps jumping up. The max dosage is 300mg
    I'm starting to run out of options. Has any one ever gone threw this???
    I also haveCFS/FM I wonder if there is something else going on affecting my thyroid? my last Tsh was 14.5 in October.
    I'd appriciate any advice

Thanks
    Trisha
  2. thingswithwings

thingswithwings New Member

I was diagnosed w/ hypo thyroid in 1999 my tsh was 56 well it is now 4 years later and I am still trying to get it stable. I started out on 25mg of levoxyl well every time I would get stable for some unknown reason my numbers would jump up. to make a long story short I am now taking 250mg
    yes that is correct 250 mg of synthroid. No one seems to know why my Tsh keeps jumping up. The max dosage is 300mg
    I'm starting to run out of options. Has any one ever gone threw this???
    I also haveCFS/FM I wonder if there is something else going on affecting my thyroid? my last Tsh was 14.5 in October.
    I'd appriciate any advice

Thanks
    Trisha
  3. kay

kay New Member

I dont have the foggiest idea as to what might be going on. Some one will be along that can help you out. I take synthroid 112, for my hypo throid. Good luck to you,Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 12/11/2002]