Tuesday Update on my brother Tom - SUN. UPDATE AT END

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Harmony, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi all,
    Sorry I've haven't been around much lately. I'm sure you know I've been at the hospital everyday. As of yesterday, we have seen some improvement, although he is still in ICU.
    He is eating better, anemia is getting better, and they were able to cut back to giving him 55% oxygen instead of 100%. He does have a complication of air surrounding the lungs but it is not enough to have to put a tube in his chest like they said was a possibility so that is good.
    He has at least another week in ICU and when he does go home, he will have to go in an ambulance and be on oxygen 24 hrs. for several weeks. I'm glad he is at least moving in the right direction now.

Thanks again, for the prayers!!! You all continue to be in my prayers and I thank the Lord for each of you.

Love, Harmony
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2002]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't tell you how happy I am to know Tom is improving, and you even mentioned going home?

Praise the Lord for His kindness, and for listening to our prayers. Tom stays on my heart and in my mind daily. I pray for him as I go about my day, and before I fall asleep.

I am so waiting for you to tell us that he is off everything and is back to his old self. That is what I am praying for.

You take care of you too, I know we will do what we have too, no matter what.

God bless, if you need me, you know where I am.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Tom is out of ICU now and on a regular floor that specializes in lung patients. He is improving some each day.

He is eating well so that is good. His lungs are also still congested and the air problem surrounding his lungs has not yet cleared up.

We are thanking the Lord for every little improvement and for His grace and peace He gives. Thanks again for all the prayers.

Love, Harmony
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2002]
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For Tom, Harmony. Everynight and during the day too. He is on my heart till he is well again.

I am so happy he is eating, that is an improvement for sure.

Blessing to all of you, and my prayers too.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I just got back from the hospital and it meant so much to me to read your replies. I thank you for your encouragement, friendship and prayers.

Tom was not doing so well tonight and is very discouraged.
    He has a fever and feels worse after not having a fever in a week. If the fever continues when they check it later tonight, the nurse is going to call the Dr. to see what he says. My Dad is spending the night so he has someone with him from the family which helps him.

I love you all!

Love, Harmony
    [This Message was Edited on 06/17/2002]