Tummy prob and ultram

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by julesjz, Sep 25, 2006.

1. julesjz

julesjz New Member

what do I do? I feel like I have to make a choice everyday, stay home because of pain and be constipated and have stomach pain as well as FMS pain or take ultram and help the pain and know the constipation will come but the the temporary pain relief is there. I feel like I'm in agony...The dd! is sooo frustrating and I've been crying a lot. Quit work late spring, home everyday, have a fiance' but he works ya know, so all day it's just me, and it's like do I take pain pills and deal with the consequences which are just as bad as the pain sometime, ugh!!! So frustrating! Please help, need encouragement, and some soft answers for my tummy which really hates ultram but also cannot take the intense cramping of laxatives...
    Julie :) p.s.--if I can have an answer for my tummy, am I suppose to take my ultram as it says 1-2 every 6-8 hours? or when I just have pain, i just can't handle the either or choice of fms pain or stomach pain...thanks for understanding!!! You guys are the only ones that truly do!
    Julie
  2. mariee

mariee Member

Hi,
    If Ultram is working well for your pain, there are gentle laxatives and stool softeners to help w. your tummy.
    My doc prescribed one for me that was a liquid...that they use at hospitals...I am sorry, can't remember name...
    It is like Senokot which is an over the counter stool softener...but better.
    For starters, try the Senokot...but let your doc know of the constipating side effect of Ultram...
    Drink a lot of water, too!
    Good luck
    marie
  3. julesjz

julesjz New Member

thanks...is it sorbitol? That's something I used to give to my clients who were on some strong meds...and it really doesn't give cramping? that would be really good...do you stay home a lot because of FMS? I'm 33 and I am home just about everyday, it's really tough to have hopeful feelings and not feel depressed everyday I wake up. I don't have any children, so feels like there's no real purpose of something I have to do...it's hard...
    And, how do I really reply to you and not me? when I clicked on reply to you it went to my original message.
    thanks,
    Julie
  4. fairyborn

fairyborn New Member

I am sorry for your pain. I take ultram also, and I have IBS. I have found that if I take malic acid and magnesium at night it help with constapation the next day or so, also with relaxing the muscles.
    Blessings
    Kass
  5. meowee

meowee New Member

Like Fairy said, I also take magnesium and it really helps with the constipation.

Good luck