Tummy Tuck question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by soresue, Oct 16, 2006.

1. soresue

soresue New Member

It has been suggested that diastasis recti, a separation of the abdominal muscles that are often cut during C-section, can eventually contribute to low back pain. Cosmetic reasons aside (although it's frustrating to be thin with a bulging belly), has anyone had abdominoplasty done for this that has actually relieved chronic lower back pain? What was the cost (realizing it'll vary from region to region)
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I have had lower back pain for some time now. I am probably not the one to ask due to my story... I had a bad experience. I had a tummy tuck & breast lift in '01 and it resluted in a staff infection. I now have a huge indentation (to put it mild) in my lower stomach. They had to remove all of the damaged tissue, when infected, which left the scar mess. I am scheduled to get a scar revision in December and a nerve removed. They cut a nerve in my stomach, during all of this, which has caused me alot of pain. That will be removed at the time. Insurance is paying for all of this thankfully, but if you saw it, you would not blame them.

I have a cousin that had great succeess with this surgery. My stomach was stretched alot after having the kids, but I did not attribute it to the back pain. It is no better or worse after having the surgery, so I cannot give you advice on that.

O ucan expect to pay approx. $6,000-8,000 for this procedure depending on your area.

Sorry so long, I just like to inform ppl. of the possibe complications and also mention, some DO have great success with it. Please feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.
    Hugs
    Kim
  3. soresue

soresue New Member

Thank you both for your replies and information - both very helpful.

I'm glad to hear details also, as those are the things that are often left out of a consultation.

I didn't realize it was so expensive (6-8 K) and I'm in the Northeast, where we usually pay top dollar for everything.
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I had a mini-tuck. (slightly shorter scar - still lots of pain.)

It went well but I researched my doc very well. Interviewed several.

I was not over weight but had twins and a lot of skin which hung over my pants, etc.

I'm pleased I had it done but I can't say it has helped my pain at all.

In fact the surgery kind of set off a year of other issues as surgery can do with us.

I had a breast aug done at the same time. I'm glad I did both but that's just from an asthetic point of view.

I think I spent 10k on the whole deal - probably about 6k went to the tummy.

Blessings,

Sofi