Turn Down The Heat--This One Takes The Cake!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Nov 30, 2010.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Hubby and I had been noticing that our den was inordiately warm on several occasions and, of course, he thought I forgot to turn down the heat a few times before I went to bed. No way! With the cost of oil, I am very careful!!

Well, long story short, it turns out that our zany cat has been turning on the heat!! That's right, he climbs onto the top of the wall unit, and then leans over and pushes the dial with his paw and then he goes and takes his nap!! I could not believe my eyes, and we have caught him several more times doing this. We are in the process of remedying the situation (wall unit is on its last legs--on the way out after the holidays), but honestly, if it's not one thing it's another with my little furry devil!!

[This Message was Edited on 11/30/2010]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I agree... you never know what they'll do next! This rates with Goatwoman/georgia's rottie opening the fridge to get a carrot and closing the door!

Y'all need to take videos and put it on youtube. I would LOVe to see them... ;)
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for sharing. This brough a smile to my face and spirit. Cats are sooooo smart.

My old cat used to get bored and go to the kitchen and open and slam shut the lower cupboard doors. He also used to go into the bathroom and lock himself in. I would hear his yowls and have to go get the little tool to open the door to let him out. We used to watch TV in the evenings on the sofa. If I put my hand out and rested it palm side up, he would put his paw in my hand.

Love, Mikie
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I agree, take a video when he does that.....our pets are very smart and sometimes they try to outsmart us.
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out why the cat keeps doing this--and now I know why. I recently acquired a small antique mirror that had belonged to my in laws. I hung it up in the den next to the thermostat--maybe an inch or so away. I don't think the cat likes the mirror, or because it is something new in the room he may be curious. He is very nosy. Anyway, the thermostat is one of those round kinds, and I think he balances his paw on it, but pushes the heat up in the process of trying to get to the mirror. I peeked at him today when he didn't realize I was looking, and he kept trying to push the mirror. So I think every time we caught him pushing the thermostat, he was actually on his way to the mirror. And I actually yelled at my husband; told him he must have hung the mirror incorrectly because it was often crooked. Now I know why--lol!!