:( Turned down at appeals council level too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deb_46, Sep 24, 2008.

1. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I was denied at my hearing, lawyer appealed and just got a letter I was denied by the appeals council as well. Got that denial in less than a month so in noway did they have time to go over my mile high stack of medical crap. I'm sure when it came across the desk it got the "rubber stamp" DENIED.

My attorney said now my case will be sent to another attorney that takes cases to the federal level and basically we sue the commissioner of social security, if she agrees to take my case on. Anybody been this far in the process before?????

I'm crushed again as I'm the one needing out of an abusive marriage. I didn't even have time to submit anything on the mental aspect I'm looking into as I've started with a psychiatrist.

Do I go ahead and start a new claim now or wait and see how this thing with the federal level goes????

2. petemora

petemora Member

I am SO SORRY you got denied.

I am waiting for the decision of the appeals council. They have had my file since February.

I went to a disability attorney and he advised me to start a new claim right away. He said if I get denied at the appeals council level, I will have a new case in progress. If I get a favorable decision at the appeals council level, my new case would just evaporate.

Because I receive LTD benefits, financially, it doesn't make much difference to me what happens. But when my LTD benefits are cut, which they probably will be soon, as I have been receiving them for 3 years, I will need to pursue Social Security more vigorously.

Anyway, if/when my new claim is denied, I have an attorney waiting in the wings.....

I don't think it's that common to sue at the federal level, but I am sure it depends on the circumstances...
  3. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

Guess I better get started on the new claim, gosh how I hate to go through all that again. I'm hoping surely I won't have to supply medical info as they already have it all.