Turning on the #611 Porchlight !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

No time for homemade cookies I bought some yummy not homemade choc. chip cookies. They will have to do today.

Not much time and so much to do today. Have had a busy couple of days and now am trying to play catcup and tonight we have a visitation, Rosary and Choir practice so I have to sneak out early from the Rosary. Will come to the church with DH early. It was the Grand Knight of our council who died very unexpectedly a couple of days ago after working hard on the fish fry and the St. Pats Party. Don't know if he had any history of heart problems or not., Guess we wil find out. Tomorrow is the funeral Mass, etc. As it is today I will go with DH early to the visitation and honor guard that the K of C does and will come home from choir practice with a friend. Glad everything is being held at the church and church' music room. Think I believe he is being cremated. He was such a busy man.

Next week is another very busy week with two things happening almost the same time and one car. It will be very interesting. Maybe I can breathe after Easter and then after the next week I will be pretty much free for awhile from big performances.

Sorry for whinning. TTYAL and hope more of you can come and stay on the POrch for awhile. Getting tired of ralking to myself but I understand about others committments and sicknesses.

Hope JULIE is doing OK with her busy self, SPRING WATER, JOAN, GAIL, TEACHER, GEORGIA , ROCK and all the rest . I miss so many of you when you don't visit.

Love you awl,
    gRANNI[This Message was Edited on 03/20/2013]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Wow, that was a very high fever for that little one but they do tend to very high fevers more easily (babies and very young children). Sometimes it goes up and then down fairly quickly. Hope hers does the same thing. I know but it is still scary !! Glad she is going to the docs though ! Wonder if it is the flu or what? Please let us know when you can, how she is.

More later !

Calling all Porchies !!

Love,
    Granni
  3. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Hi Everyone,

My oh my, I was so glad to see I could still get here to the Message Board.

There's so much for me to catch up on & I need to read the latest messages.

I had back surgery 2 weeks ago & am trying to completely sit upright, which I really can't do so much.

If any of you remember all of the pain I was having in my legs, feet & urination / bowel issues were all due to a herniated disc in my Lumbar Spine pressing on or really collapsing on nerve endings.

Discetomy ----- I believe that is the official name of the surgical procedure I had. My spelling might not be correct & it is hard for me to move around because I cannot twist or turn my torso / back.

L5 / S1 was diagnosed July 15 of 2011 & finally I found an orthopedic spinal surgeon about 5 weeks ago.

I pushed for the surgery & wish they would have done this for me 2 years ago.

I had become 100% bedridden again because this process was so dragged out.

....... But, I'm recovering and am feeling So, So, So much better in just 2 weeks after the surgery.

Sorry for not posting more. I do miss all of you & you are all in my heart!!

I need to lay down on the bed & rest my back so the muscle spasms will relax & go away.

Best wishes to ALL of you & I'll be back when I can. I'll try to keep up with just reading posts in the mean time.

HUGS To All,

Elaine
  4. springwater

springwater Member

A great big hug to you..we hv been missing you..so
    glad you were able to come.

Wishing you speedy recovery from the surgery.

Take care of yourself..it sounds like quite a big
    Surgery.

Julie - poor lil Lorraine. The pollen sounds
    awful. Hope you all get better soon.

Granni - that was a fast way to go! The
    Fish fry just took place. A shock for all
    of you.

I guess you will be busy this week.
    What with the performances too.

I went to the meditation centre yesterday.
    I like doing the exercise where you 'extract
    negative thoughts and throw them into
    the imaginary sun. And forgive one's self,
    others and pray for self mastery and control
    over ones mind/self.

I then went to the photo centre and
    gave a lot of photos to be developed.

All from months before just stuck there
    In the camera.

I needed to buy some summer clothes
    but thought better to return home,
    since I could feel energy dissipate.

Well, better go iron before lights go.

Take care all, loves yas

God bless

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

So happy to see you my dear friend !!! No time to chat right now but will try and be back later tonight or tomorrow . So sorry you had to endure that back surgery. Take your time getting your strength back sweetie. We are here for you.

We all have been thinking and worrying about you. SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU !!!Be back later.

Hi to dear Spring Water too. and everydobby else.

Love, ((((ELAINE))))
    Granni
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

However, I wanted to pop in and say how hoappy I am to hear from Elaine. Hope she can at least read these posts andhopefully post later when she becomes stronger.

For anyone not seeing Elaine's post please go up a little to the beginning of this thread and her post will be there for you all to read.

Elaine - So sorry you had to suffer so and wait for them to diagnose you again and to get you to where you could actually get your surgery, Hope this will put you back on the mend again. We have all been worrying and thing about you as well as Rock who seems to have disappeared the past few months or so. Hoping it is just something in passing or his stupid computer acting up. We surely do miss him and hope he will come back soon. Not knowing is very worrysome. Hope that we will hear again from him and you soon!! You both helped to keep our spirits up .

Many others pop in and out and then disappear maybe their conditions, maybe other things but we porchies worry. Haven't heard from TEACHER in s long time wither then she popped in again and then out again. Hope she is doing OK and just cannot post at this time. Maybe when school ends again for her. Feel free to ask whatever question you might have and I will try and answer or someone else here will. Seems like the ones that come most of the time now are Julie, myself and Spring Water with others chiming in from time to time.

Julie - Glad you all are or seem to be getting better. Just curious about the homeopathic dr.'s RX for all your ills.I know how awfully busy you are with the family. Just hope you do not fall about. Post when you can.

Spring Water - So glad to see or hear from you most days and hope you are feeling OK at this time. DH is at the store and I have to get dressed and ready to go when he gets home. May be going out with a friend after DH goes to the last fish fry of the season. If so then we hope to end up at the FF and go eat some fish. However, I haven't heard from her and I am pooped so no matter either way.

Georgia - thinking of you to sweetie. Hope you are doing OK since we haven't heard from you in awhile.

Missing way to many Porchies and that makes me sad even if I do understand somewhat. More later.

Love,
    Granni
  7. springwater

springwater Member

I guess Julie is busy with taking Dens dad and his sister
    To their doctors apptmnts plus the other stuff.

Yes, Granni, it is worrying about Rock but hopefully
    He is all right and nothing really serious like hospital
    Or anything.

Hope Teacher, Gail, and all others are good.
    I'm sure Georgia and Joan will pop in sometime
    Or other.

Well, in bit of a funk. Low energy and a flurry
    Of social stuff has come up.

Tomorrow lunch and dinner out at different
    Places.

Day after healing camp at meditation centre
    Where I will probably man the desk, certainly
    Can't heal in such a condition.

Waiting for it to pass.

Today brothers came and I took them for
    Lunch. Also around the shipping mall
    To pass time, then I went and meditated
    A little bit, came home.

See you all tomorrow, hv to dig out
    Clothes for tomorrow

God bless

8. loveslilacs30

loveslilacs30 Member

Where oh where did my message go? Oh where oh where did it go? I spent over 30 minutes typing and-----------That makes me so disgusted. It is about time to get myself looking better and go down for supper. It begins at 4:00 p.m. and everyone, rather most of them are there then. Lunch is at 11:00 and breakfast at 7:30.

But oh how happy I am to be able to see the sunshine in my window for the first time last week!! Oh course, we have had 2 whole days that the sun shone this week. But where is Spring???? The weatherman said this morning that the ground hog saw his shadow but he was wrong, wrong, wrong.

I will get back to you soon! Maybe you will find my letter floating around somewhere!

Luv to all,

lilac
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

just listening to everything you have been up to lately. Is David just home from the weekend, again ? When will he be through? I know that everyone will be so happy for him to come back for good and it will be so much better for you. I couldn't do what you are doing, being without much sleep for so long but then you are much younger than I :)!!

Glad Den's sis is doing well from her surgery but hope all will go well with her Dad and her boyfried ,or whatever you call him, that is supposedly moving in with them. Crazy situation but hope Den's dad will be treated well in his own house.

So sorry little Lorraine is feeling bad again with fever and Isaiah too. Poor babies !You are lucky to be able to know enough people to help Lindsey while you are gone. Are they from your church , your Amish neighbors or what? Hope everyone else stays well and the others get wwell quickly,

Have lots to do today and make a potato dish to bring to friends home who is havine a gathering ta talk about our upcoming Wine and Wilddflower trail trip the second week in April. We will only be gone about 4 days or so but it should be fun !!!

Elaine - Hope you are getting a little stronger each day and will be able to sit up nice and strong soon so you can post. We surely did miss you while you wee gone. Hope some others will pop in soon again too - like Rock and Teacher for just a few. Dear Carla B has been gone too but I see her occasiosnally on FB so I know she is OK but miss her here. She is just busy !!!! Hope to hear from you soon on the Porch.

I know it is the weekend now but hope to hear from you and others too, if possible. Drop a note when you can.

Love,
    Granni
  10. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

Elaine, good to hear from you, and I hope you are feeling better. I have a friend who had back surgery about a month ago--she is off the walker now, and using a cane--she said the sciatica, etc, is gone, so sounds like this type of surgery is successful. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

DH is getting home late tonight--have missed him so much. I've spent the last two weeks doing spring cleaning, and am going to keep up with the housework from now on!

We've been having lovely weather out here. I put in some flowers several weeks ago, and have a azalea I'm enjoying. Will put in more plants as the weather warms up.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter next Sunday--

Georgia
  11. springwater

springwater Member

Good to hear from you and know Gpa is coming home from out
    of town. I ve been 'trying to' do some spring cleaning myself
    but its in fits and starts. always something or other interrupts
    a proper clean up.

the azalea is blooming there so spring must be in the air!

You have a good Easter too!

Joan - grrrr..i wish you hadnt lost that post; but it was so good
    like i told Georgia to hear that spring is around the corner if not
    already there! yippee!

try and come in again when you are able.

Granni - The upcoming trail holidays sounds exciting. what will
    you be sightseeing around? is it a kind of walking tour of the
    wildflowers and fauna?

Julie - you all must be looking forward to April 9th when David
    wraps up his training.

Try not to worry about Lindsey and the babies, i know easier said
    than done, while youre at Amys. Enjoy Keiras activities. She will be
    one happy little girl to have Nana near her for couple of days!

I will have to be short becoz running on precious inverter battery
    and i know dh will not feel happy if i finish up what power there is
    and he cant watch tv.

ive been really busy. but productive busy. spent a whole day helping
    out at healing camp, manned the desk and even gave a healing to
    someone with sinisitus when they ran short of healers, i was afraid
    to because of past experience when i fell sick after healing, but they
    coaxed me into it. told me it was good for me.

the young boy rated the healing from 7 before the healing to 2
    after. meaning 10 is feeling bad and 1 the best. and wrote he felt
    good after the treatment so i was relieved! no practise.

i havent gotten sick yet and its been a day and a half so lets see.
    maybe i can take up more healings

that was day before i went to a lunch at this very beautiful resort
    Meridien resort where a golfing friend of dhs was hosting a lunch
    barbeque buffet. enjoyed the food. barbequed cream cheese?
    and baked mushroom for me. plus the usual fried rice, curries etc

and in evening we had to attend this big party for one of dhs
    cousin sisters SILs daughters 6 month occasion. confusing?
    lol. we had to go to support her. She has a kind of complicated
    relationship with her inlaws and they all live in joint family.

today my younger brother came and i fed him lunch and then we
    went down together to the monasteries and asked for some prayers.

my african daisies are beginning to bloom and their white contrasting
    with the shoeflower red is making quite a show!

been trying to feed the birds regularly. we have some wood doves
    this spring. i think thats wht they are.

Gail, Rock, Teacher thinking of you guys and Elaine hope you doing
    good with post surgery rest.

Love you all

God Bless

12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

not much time to post and haven't been there for almost a couple of months. I hope I remember how to dance. Wanted to say a big hi to all my Porchies, esp the missing ones Georgia and Elaine.

Sorry those babies are sick, Julie.l Don't catch it please.

Love you all,
    Granni

P.S. forgot to mention hi to SPRING WATER !!! as well as all the others . Hope you are feeling OK with everything happening at your place with all your relatives. So much to do today. I did enjoy the line dancing and even remembered some dances :)!! I see we have two new ladies there. Hope they don't get frustrated right away and keep coming. The more they come the more they will retain. I just need to keep going. I can usually pick it up fairly quickly but so many things seems to pop up on Mondays.

GEORGIA - GLAD TO SEE YOU TOO AND THAT ALL SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL FOR YOU AND GRANDPA.

God bless you ALL - again,
    Granni[This Message was Edited on 03/25/2013]
  13. springwater

springwater Member

its 1am and i am making like a vampire, lol. electricity is there
    for a few hours so i thought let me use it.

granni - must hv felt good to line dance after a long break;
    i too hope those two new ladies stay on.

im guessing julie is busy at keiras.

today was full moon. for once i didnt feel crabby and
    horrible like i usually do during this time.

i actually felt wonderful in the early morning..like i
    used to before i really fell ill. very light, no pain,
    no bloating, and positive. i hope i can string
    more of such moments together.

today also was Holi festival - festival of colours. this
    year the police were very strict with hooligans who threw
    water balloons at any and everybody.

people were requested to keep the festivities limited
    to themselves and those willing to partake.

god bless

14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

The days are so busy and hope that SW continues to have the NRG she had today. Gotta run and sorry that this week will be a very busy one. May not get to post much at all, if any. Please excuse my lack of posting. Hope I come out of this week OK. Next week will be too but not as bad. Then I will be free for awhile.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking of you all !

Love,
    Granni
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Please try and take care of yourself for a change. Everything else will fall into place for the kids, etc. You are so giving and want to help everyone. Now is your time to take care of yourself and try and find out what is causing these "spells"you have been having. Thanks for posting. I found out on FB before coming to the Porch. Did you have any fever at all. Are you coughing and such at all? Any tummy problems?

I know that dehydration can cause that too and know of friends who have fainted and were told that they had been very dehydrated although the weather is certainly not hot here or where you are. Please continue to drink alot of fluids also.

Busy day and need to get going but will try and check in later. I know you miss your seeing the kids but now you need a break from everything. Where was the pain you have been having.?

Enough questions for now. Take care sweetie and hope to hear from you again son but please TRY and REST !!

Love to you and everydobby,
    Granni
  16. springwater

springwater Member

I was concerned to hear about your fainting.

What a scare for everyone.

It does seem like you are worn out attending
    To everyone. Pls listen to Den and your
    Own body when something comes up and
    You feel you need to be there.

I know it's a difficult situation with
    Lindsey also needing all the help she
    Can get.

The main thing now is for you to get well.

I went to the meditation center today.

Tomorrow have to attend one year passing
    Ceremony of a grand aunt of DH.

God bless

17. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Well, I have wasted a bunch of time on a nice long post, or should I say longer than usual. I touched something and it went poof again ! This is absolutely frustrating and maddening.

Just want to say this is a very busy day for me as is this week and will be glad when it is over. Next week will be better but is picking up again. A friend who I hadn't seen in sometime but lives in this neighborhhod has passed away. It was very strange and wonder if they are going to do an autopsy to find out the actual cause. She may have had a massive bleeding attack. She almost died aometime ago in the hospital . She came home but was getting injections or infusions of something every day, I don't know what it was exactly that caused her death butit might have been massive bleeding or not during the night. We all heard about it yesterday at our monthly luncheon. She was a wonderful person who did a lot for many. Very sad.

Julie - Hope everyone in your extended household gets to feeling better - including you very soon. Glad you are doing a ittle better but keep on pushing those fluids. I am n not a big drinker during the day either normally - mostly at pill taking time and around meal time. Sounds like you have a temp? Have you taken it at all?

Missing so many Porchies. Hope to hear from so many of you soon, especially Rock and Elaine. Big HUGZ to you both and ALL !

Better send this off before this disappears too. A very afternoon and evening awaits me. Achier than usual today. Not sure if it is FM or the beginning of sciatica again. Good grief !

Love,
    Granni

18. springwater

springwater Member

Julie hope u get better soon

I had a great time at prayer ceremony went with MIL
    Lots of people laughter wonderful food but

Had along bus ride home becoz went to monastery
    Alone and had just sat down at 5 pm
    And big bro called

Second bros daughter had had argument with
    Her DH and downed a lot of her bi polar meds

She was in emergency

So elder brother SIL and me went down to
    The hospital very far and stayed there
    They had pumped out her stomach but
    She is in ICU

Just in case, so don't u folks worry

I have to go now take standby by duty there
    Relieve her poor husband

Bye also some prayers would be welcome

Elder bro we'd hv come but he had a CT Scan
    Early today

Nieces daddy is drunk didn't come

Take care

Will post hen I come back

God bless
  19. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Just a short one to tell you that Rock popped into the Lounge and posted to us all. He is doing OK but problems of course with his memory as well as the computer. If you want to read his post go quickly to the Lounge before the thread changes.

I have been so busy but need to go now and wash my hair. Have a funeral to go to tomorrow and then Easter Vigil services. The gal who died had complications of stroke and is my age I think, 72.

Hope this finds all well. Have much to do with my hair tonight.

Love to everyone. Got back from Good Friday services this afternoon.
    'Granni
  20. springwater

springwater Member

wow Rock came back, so relieved!

i hope he gets better and his computer too behaves.

Julie and all

i spent yesterday down at the hospital

niece is kinda okay

spoke to me drank some soup on her own

will be kept for observation after her blood results come back

maybe few days

real problem is when she gets back home

this bi polar ism i curse it with all my heart

her baby is being taken care of by her husbands sis

but she has to run the little restaurant they hv

so is a problem

well i am pampering myself with rest and meditations