Turning on the Porch light volume # 639 !!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good evening dear Porchies !!!

Please go back and check out all of the last few posts if you wish. Some of my venting about my family troubles were there as well as Dar, Rock, Sun and Julie I believe. Venting is GOOD !! Can't really do so to anyone else around here.

Throwing some frozen/baked chocolate chips cookies at you all to enjoy before bed time. Time for me to go wash my hair and do the curing hair project.t It will be interesting since I got a hair cut and it is really short !! I need to at least try and curl the top and sides of the hair. My hair is so straight !

Sun - You are so crafty ! Don't feel bad if you haven't been able to turn out those pillows as quick as you used to do. None of us are that quick to do anything anymore. I couldn't even do one pillow that looked good so fear not :)!!!

Julie - to ask the same question that I did on the last volume - How much water was in the bucket that Lorraine threw the kitten it, I hope not to much. Glad he/she was rescued :)!!

Love to ALL,
    Granni :)
  2. Darrae

Darrae Member

So sorry re: your daughter. We've got one of those in pretty much every family. Vent away dear lady. Thanks for the cookies!

3. Darrae

Darrae Member

To all the rest of the Dear Porchies,

Am still fighting flare. Rough day at work. Tired tonight. Wishing you all well. Rock, loved your coconut oil post. Funny. Wish we could all just wake up tomorrow and be totally pain free. Wouldn't that be loverly? Oddly, when you think of it, were we not in the same boat, we'd have missed getting to know so many lovely people.

I have to believe that somewhere down the road, there will be enough good things in life to make up for the pain we all suffer. Listen to me.....the eternal optimist!

Sweet thoughts and prayers for all,
  4. Granniluvsu

Yep DAR- I am the eternal optimist too. I say my glass is 1/2 full and my DH says it is half full.. Now have to get ready for beddy bye. Sorry you are feeling bad kiddo.

Love you and all,
  5. springwater

springwater Active Member

Hello All

Granni - sorry to hear of your daughter. Reminded me of my issues with brothers. One of
    them is a bit like that. I pray the problem regarding her gets solved. Im very sure your recent
    aches and pains were due to the stress. Im happy your son and other daughters are there to
    kind of take off the load a little bit.

Dar - sorry to hear your flare is still going on...i guess sometimes one just waits it out.

Julie - that Lorraine is a handful! haha. Poor kitty. I hope you are getting in some rest.

Mikie - are you a little better? Where you live sounds so beautiful. With the balcony
    and sea and all those shops. Although if it is hot, (and it sounds like it is,) I would
    face some problems. Still, I love the sound of all those wild animals, and birds coming
    in and receiving gentle attention from you and your neighbours.

Well, my brain cant seem to remember more.

Ive been sort of busy. Really want to make some order out of this clutter and
    chaos. and i seem to only get the essential things daily chores done before i run
    out of energy needed to declutter and clean/tidy up.

Our next door neighbour who we know since we moved in, the father was
    taken ill suddenly and expired . I was getting over the shock of that too.
    He leaves behind two young sons, both in college and a wife who stays at home.

i was envying Sunflower her concentration and ability to make pillow case
    trimmings...so lovely.

I bought a zumba cd the other day, lol! Want to get the circulation, esp in my
    legs going!

Love you ALL!

God Bless
  6. springwater

springwater Active Member

Granni, Julie, Sunflower and those who were on Spirituality thread, theres
    a lovely post by Windblade. She is doing much better and thanks all those
    who prayed.
  7. Granniluvsu

Hi Spring Water, Julie, Sun, Dar, Rock, and everydobby else,

Had to get up this morning and get all dressed to go to a luncheon and makeup today. I am so lazy. I don't know what people do that have to dress nicely every day and put the makeup , do the hair etc. These guys sure have it easy - dress and comb hair , after a shower of course. We usually take our showers or baths at night which works better for me. To lazy in the morning. I know, some people do it in the morning to help them wake up. I need to check out the Spirituality board again. I've been bad at not checking that as often as I should.

Glad there wasn't very much water in the water bucket for that poor kittie and he was rescued in time. I guess by now they are getting older and a little more self sufficient. They need to be able to escape from whatever danger may be around at the time, including poor little Lorraine :)!! Little ones just don't understand about being gentle or at least some of them. Some young ones have an instinct and are gentle without being told but others not so much as we all know.

Julie - I could use some of your fresh fruit. I just love fresh peaches !! I like them just right, not hard and not to mushy but they are so yummy and don't buy them as much as I would like. Sorry you aren't feeling up to par - I surely can understand with all you do plus your CFS, etc.

Spring Water - Thanks for your kind words concerning my daughter. She used to work in a dr's office and then a hospital. Still not sure if she was told to leave or left on her own from the last FT job. Now it seems that many places are either not hiring or only part time so they don't have to give their employees medical insurance. I hope she is getting something soon. Glad she is going to AA though.

Dar - Hope you are feeling better too and sorry for your flare.

Have to finish getting read to get picked up for our ladies luncheon/meeting.

Hope to check back later.

8. Granniluvsu

Just got back from our luncheon. OMG, I am so full but will have to cook something for DH dinner. I won't eat to much I can tell you.

Julie - Sorry you are feeling punk and hope you will feel better after the chiro. visit. Gee, you surely have a lot on your plate to do;. You need a helicopter ad a heliport :)!!!

Got an e-mail fro DD with problems. She has an interview for a job in her field (insurance verifier/authorization person ) on Friday. Hope this works out as she needs a bunch of money to pay her bills. She actually put in an application at a nearby restaurant the other day. She hopes to get her car tomorrow . Hope so., so she can go on her interview on Friday. Everyone please pray for my daughter as she needs this job really BAD.

More later !!

Love and Hugz to everyone,
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Folks

Am sending good vibes to your daughter, Granni. As everyone knows, looking for a job is much
    harder than actually working. The computer news is full of tips on how to write your resume and
    shine during the interview. My experience was that if you and the interviewer got along, you got
    the job.

And with our economy in tatters, well, you know...

Julie, would you like a helicopter? I read they are trickier than a plane because you have to
    operate pedals as well as the hand controls.

My tummy is acting up. Took some Tums. Gonna lie down. I quit taking Tum a while back
    because they are full of calcium which promotes constipation. But the supplements I tried didn't
    help. And one does need calcium. Some days it's just too much. Actually, it's been too much most
    of the last 3 decades.

Here's a quote from Roger Miller that kinda goes with your adage above, Julie. "Some people
    walk in the rain. Others just get wet."

10. Granniluvsu

Rock - Sorry your tummy is acting up. That's no fun, I know. Thanks for the good vibes for our DD. Nowadays there is so much that goes into an interview. Yes, it surely does help to get along with the interviewer :)!!!

I am so full. I ate more than I should have at dinner. If it were just me I probably wouldn't have eaten anything or very much. However, I had to make something for DH and made Ravioli. I didn't make the noodles already stuffed. Just had to boil them and add sauce. They make them pretty good now.

Julie - Have a good trip to Keiras and hope you get to feeling better with all you have to do. Stay well and don't get sick, please.

More later on. Thinking of everydobby, no NRG to post any more. Off to chiro .tomorrow morning agin and then on Friday.

Love you all,
  11. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Granni. That sounds like a really good job for your daughter. I will keep thinking positive thoughts for her. It's tough when you NEED that job but can't find it.

Rock: My stomach was upset all day yesterday and part of today. I take about 2 TBS cider vinegar with a chaser of water. It usually helps within 30 min. Wonder if there's something going around calif? I like that about walking in the rain.
  12. Granniluvsu

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts, Sun. Not much time to post now but wanted to answer. Hope to get back tomorrow. When you say you have an upset stomach, is that gas or nausea, or what?

Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Luv ya,
  13. sunflowergirl

a high stomach ache and a bit of nausea
  14. Darrae

Darrae Member

Having bad post day. Lost my whole long post. Long story short.....Hi everyone. Thanks for encouraging words. Rock Tummy troubles go away! Granni thanks for kind words. I had a much longer post and lost it. Love to all.

Apprently I need to go to bed. Sorry all.

15. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Good luck to your DD granni, someone posted a real funny reject rejection letter yesterday on facebook but it is in Dutch. In short it is someone who is trying to get a job writing a letter in response to the rejection letter they received saying something like: "We thank you for your rejection letter but since we received so many rejection letters we are not able to honor them all. Our profile matches your open position so we are sorry to inform you that we could not honor your rejection and will start tomorrow." It's a clever twist on using the same way companies send rejection letters to actually reject their rejection. Quite funny and I bet some companies might even reconsider if they receive a letter back like that especially if they honor humor and persistance in their employees. :p I'll try and translate it and post it, was wanting to repost it for my English friends anyways.

Here goes, not a perfect translation but I'm sure anyone who wants it can adjust it to match the common rejection letters used in your language more accurately:

Dear sir/madam,

Thank you very much for your rejection of my job application at your company.

I have received your rejection with a lot of attention. Because I received a big nummer of rejections it is impossible for me to validate all rejections. I have been forced to make a selection of candidates and unfortunately have to let you know that you do not belong to that selection.

Despite of your qualities and experience in rejecting job applicants do I have to inform you that your rejection does not match the profile I offered you for this job.

Therefor I'm letting you know that I will be joining your company as from now. Looking forward to a fruitfull cooperation.

Good luck with rejecting future applicants.

Kind regards,
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Everyone, hope y'all are well. Can't go back to read old posts but have kept everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry for those of you who have been sick. Is there a stomach bug going around? I'm on ABX and taking double probiotics and, so far, so good.

Granni, those of y'all with straight hair try to curl it and those of us with curls try to blow our hair out straight. The grass is always greener...

Dar, so sorry for your flare. I hope you are doing better.

Springwater, yes, it is hot here, especially in the afternoons. We get everything done outdoors in the mornings and by afternoon, this place looks like a ghost town except for people in the pool. Even the pool can be too hot in the afternoons. I am lucky in that I only have to open my blinds and look out my glass sliding doors to see some kind of wildlife even if it's just the little acrobatic squirrels in the slash pine tree. I think they are the animal version of Circ de Soliel (probably didn't spell that correctly. My French done up and left me). Thanks for asking--I am doing much better on this stronger ABX. Hang in there. I go into what I call "survival mode" too sometimes and just do the essentials. When NRG returns, I do more. Hope you get your NRG back soon.

Julie, I broke off one of my front teeth. My dentist just rebuilt it with something which matched and was stronger than normal teeth. No one can tell. I hope you're back up and feeling better soon.

Sunflower Girl, I hope you are OK. If it gets too bad, it might be a good idea to call the doc. I hope it's just a fleeting bug.

Soul, that's quite clever--rejecting the rejector. I like it. I knew a man who would write nasty letters with a filthy closing. Then, he typed, "Note: Stern letter to follow."

Rock, I was married to the head of HR for an international co. He was a goldmine of helpful hints for writing good resumes and interviewing. What I found out, though, is that there is no "one right way" to do a resume. There are lots of wrong ways. A lot depends on who is reading them. If they get too many, the scan them and ditch most of them. So format is important as well as using active verbs.

If you are lucky enough to get an interview, the interviewer usually makes up his or her mind within seconds of meeting you. A good smile, eye contact and a firm handshake start things off in the right direction. When I interviewed people for jobs, if they were talkative, I just let them talk. What they had to say usually told me all I needed to know without having to ask questions. I liked the ones who asked me questions (but not how much the job paid). I hate lazy interviewers who asked, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" In our economy, five years is a lifetime.

I remember interviewing a man in Boulder, CO (Hippyville) for a full time job. His expectation was that he could work part time so he would have enough time to meditate. Now, I meditate myself but, needless to say, he didn't get the job. I've been on both sides of the desk and being the interviewer helped me so much when I had to interview for jobs after that.

Got the Balcony all cleaned off yesterday morning. What a job! At least, it'll be sparkling clean when Barb gets here. She loves that Balcony. It's not so hot that we can't sit out there for a while in the mornings for our coffee.

I hope I didn't miss anyone here. My love, hugs and prayers to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  17. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

18. sunflowergirl

Soul: I LOVE that letter!!!! And thanks for a good laugh. I've copied it so I can forward it to others who are in the "rejection letter" position. By the way, I'm so glad you've found our board.

Julie: Did you know that the sternocledmastoid muscle will cause sinus and headache pains. Talk to your chiro about it. He may be missing it. I've got TMJ and when it rears it's ugly head then the headaches, sinus pain, eye pain, jaw pain (everything connected in the head) really causes me problems. Having FM is very common with also having TMJ. (my TMJ came because years ago I got a dislocated jaw) I hope thing start calming down for you and your family.

Mikie: What a great friend you are. Barb is very lucky.
  19. Granniluvsu

Just bumping up the Porch so we can find it :)!!

Hi to everyone. Just have been busy around here today washing, weeding and going to the chiro. and sweating a lot especially outside with my long sleeves and pants on.

Julie - When will you be back, tonight or tomorrow? Have a good trip and be safe. Whoops, I missed Soul's letter. I need to go back and read it. Glad you feel a bit better this morning after all you did yesterday.

Mikie - How nice of you to clean up the balcony for Barb. Would you like to come and help me clean too.??

Just wanted to bump up the post so it doesn't get to lost n the shuffles as well as to check on everyone.

Love to awl and hope to see you tomorrow !!
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

OMG, Windy, I'm so sorry I missed you. Nothing personal, just my failing memory. As long as you're ROTFLYBO, I guess you're OK. Laughter is the best medicine.

Oh, guess I didn't miss you; you posted after I did. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Julie, Sunflower Girl and Granni, how sweet of you to say I'm a good friend. Actually, Barb is a very good friend to me as well. She brought me a lovely necklace. She has excellent taste. I call her " My sister from another mister."

Have a wonderful evening, everyone.

Love, Mikie